Profile Picture

Does Avatar Toollikt already have an export license?

Posted By arcull 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
arcull
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (215 reputation)Junior Member (215 reputation)Junior Member (215 reputation)Junior Member (215 reputation)Junior Member (215 reputation)Junior Member (215 reputation)Junior Member (215 reputation)Junior Member (215 reputation)Junior Member (215 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Hi.

As the title says, I wonder if Avatar Toolkit already has export license? I'm interested in buying this bundle https://store.reallusion.com/cart.aspx?p=CCB0000IENU000020140808001&cpn=StoEveConBun1408083 Reading the RL annoucement http://www.reallusion.com/contentstore/Royalty_Free/ where it says
All embedded content inside iClone already comes with an export license, so users may export them in FBX, BVH, & OBJ formats via 3DX Pipeline at no additional cost
I wonder if that is also valid for this pack? Much thanks for help.

PS: Sorry I'm not able to post urls as links.
Edited
9 Years Ago by arcull
vidi
vidi
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
... Doze seem, you do not believe me?

https://forum.reallusion.com/FindPost231704.aspx

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

arcull
arcull
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (215 reputation)Junior Member (215 reputation)Junior Member (215 reputation)Junior Member (215 reputation)Junior Member (215 reputation)Junior Member (215 reputation)Junior Member (215 reputation)Junior Member (215 reputation)Junior Member (215 reputation)

Sorry Vidi, it's just to much different info to grasp, I can't get the business model RL has. You buy avatar toolkit and you probably don't buy it just to play around with it in IClone. IClone is good for animation making etc, but is no game engine....so an export license is a must to get anything useful out of the character you have there. So in short, content that can not be exported from IClone, from my perspective (with license or not) means nothing to me, it is totally useless. Why the heck would I buy the avatar toolkit then? Come on, bring some common sense here. If I'm wrong and have misunderstood the concept, please correct me.
Edited
9 Years Ago by arcull
vidi
vidi
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago

Does Avatar Toollikt already have an export
No and is not possible to buy a licence

Maybe RL change this again ...?

Why the heck would I buy the avatar toolkit then?

It is only for iClone User .

As example Chubby is the base in Toonmake 2.
You get this message, if you want export as fbx .
You have not a option to buy a exportlicence. Also the export Button in the contenstore is removed

iClone> Actor> Standard Human
Chubby (Export License)

The Export License version of this content is not available

Maybe RL will change this again, but at the moment export not possible ..

I know that is not what you want to reading , but that is the answere to your question.
Does Avatar Toollikt already have an export...

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

arcull
arcull
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Thanks Vidi for making that clear. However this is very very disappointing news. I just started to like the things IClone has and all the options it offers in animation making, honestly it looks really good in what it can be done with it. However this policy IMO is a total idiocracy, don't know why would the RL want to prevent exporting. If it was possible, more people would buy these licenses, bringing them good profit. But obviously they are afraid that someone else would profit from that as well. I'm happy I haven't bought the software yet, If I had I would have a done a big mistake.

Reading This Topic