360 video

Posted By davidktimperley 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
davidktimperley
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Youtube has added compatibility with 360 video content.

Blender has the ability to generate 360 content...

[/url]

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWRByQ1KfOs]

I'd like to see iClone support 360 video.

Edited
9 Years Ago by davidktimperley
GSSEV3D
GSSEV3D
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I agree, Iclone would be great for 360 animation content. I can do it in Carrara(not stereo though) but Iclone would help generate some amazing immersive movies more easily for viewing with or without VR glasses. I cant be difficult to add a new camera with 360 field of view, Stereoscopic output for this might be more difficult but other apps are catering for this. Blender has got my attention with this but its the ease for artists to get scenes and characters in Iclone that would beat all the others. So come on Reallusion what do you say??

Or anybody that could add a camera addon.

I had some limited success with a mirror ball render in Iclone but its reflective surface resolution is too low for unwrapping into a spherical map.

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
interesting, first time i see this, thanks for sharing.

Is there some different format in the video itself....I ask because you say youtube enabled this function - but I don't see anything special in youtube other than footage that can be wrapped in virtual reality glasses. It looks more like a fancy effect than a special format.

is there a special file format for this or can you simply render this to something like mp4 to get that wrap around video texture ?

I would think this is done only on the camera level, and not the encoding level ?

GSSEV3D
GSSEV3D
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)

The video is made from a 360 spherical view. The live footage is made with a multi camera rig that is autmatically stitched for full spherical video or a reflected mirror image from a ball to give a partial panorama. For a 3d rendering app it should be able to be set up at a camera level. In carrara I change the camera from conical to spherical . In bryce you set it for panoramic. Stereo scopic output needs to simulate multiple stereo cameras pointing at different angle as 2 spherical cameras will not work. I think for watching in youtube the player wraps the spherical video on to a ball and lets the viewer control the rotational view from the center. You can do stills in Iclone with a multicamera  setup that needs stitching. Video could be done but you'd need to render the video about 16 times from diferrent angles and this is not really practial, the stitching would be time consuming aswell.
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

ahh ok, so what youtube enabled was the ability for the 'viewer' to wrap this video texture in a sphere and watch it in a virtual environment. If we created our 360 render, there is no special encoding the developer would have to create, such as an mp4 with 8 channels of data. it's a regular mp4 and the image itself is what has to be correct.

Thank you for the explanation, I wonder how much of the public owns the tech to watch it in virtual reality ? how big is that audience ?

what does make me curious about this, is if youtube has surround sound enabled to. w00t

that would really be sweet, surround in visual and audio.

Update: They do! 5.1 w00t

Big plus 1 for this wishful feature!!! +2 even! lol

Edited
9 Years Ago by planetstardragon
GSSEV3D
GSSEV3D
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

For youtube Everybody with Chrome  on their laptop etc can use their mouse or finger to rotate the view. Some phones will also link their  movement to the view. So a lot of audience is out there without any need for VR kit. If you have google cardboard or Occulus rift etc then the effect is even more amazing as you are in the scene. but a VR player is needed for your phone until Youtube make this native.

Other sites like 360 cities, 360 hero, Autopano,  have their own players and should work on most devices.

You can do all this with a game engine but in a planed story this would be another type of experience. Probably need to do teh renders at 2k or 4k resolution but it would be worth it.

Heres another vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t99N223fqCo

This is youtubes guide for 360 video.

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6178631?hl=en-GB

open in chrome

So a huge audience Smile

Lord Ashes
Lord Ashes
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)

gssev3d (4/2/2015)
The video is made from a 360 spherical view. The live footage is made with a multi camera rig that is autmatically stitched for full spherical video or a reflected mirror image from a ball to give a partial panorama. For a 3d rendering app it should be able to be set up at a camera level. In carrara I change the camera from conical to spherical . In bryce you set it for panoramic. Stereo scopic output needsto simulate multiple stereo cameras pointing at different angle as 2 spherical cameras will not work. I think for watching in youtube the player wraps the spherical video on to a ball and lets the viewer control the rotational view from the center. You can do stills in Iclone with a multicamera setup that needs stitching. Video could be done but you'd need to render the video about 16 times from diferrent angles and this is not really practial, the stitching would be time consuming aswell.

Wink Hmm...16 times...I'd still come out ahead I think...When I was rendering scenes in DAZ Studio a 3 minute clip took me the better part of a day to render on my i5 PC. With iClone it way, way faster...so even if I had to render the movie 16 times, it would likely be faster than doing it once in DAZ BigGrin

"We often compare ourselves to the U.S. and often they come out the best, but they only have the right to bear arms while we have the right to bare breasts"
Bowser and Blue, Busting The Breast
davidktimperley
davidktimperley
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
This is how it's done in Blender...

[url=http://pedrogaspar.weebly.com/blog/making-a-360-video-on-blender-to-be-published-on-youtube][/url]

Reading This Topic