AGFPRO and Voxel Sculpt on Steam

Posted By planetstardragon 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Author
AverageJoe
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
theschemer (4/1/2015)
So strictly for IClone use, what is everyone buying from the list below?

Here is a list of our software:

AGFPRO (Main Application) - $19.99
Premium DLC - $79.99
Voxel Sculpt DLC - $29.99
Fantasy Side-Scroller DLC - $14.99
Zombie FPS DLC - $14.99
BattleMat Multiplayer DLC - $14.99
Drone Kombat Multiplayer DLC - $14.99

Thanks,
ts

There really isn't anything here for iClone users except for generating terrain heightmaps (if you get the Premium DLC). The rest of it, while fun to play with, is really meant specifically for Unity. I got all of it, but I'm also evaluating/using Unity as well as Unreal 4...
Kencoon7
Kencoon7
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (278 reputation)Senior Member (278 reputation)Senior Member (278 reputation)Senior Member (278 reputation)Senior Member (278 reputation)Senior Member (278 reputation)Senior Member (278 reputation)Senior Member (278 reputation)Senior Member (278 reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
I don't have the last 2 but I have the rest.
Tammy, I am happy with what I have purchased. I read the prices wrong at first.
I am downloading Unity free now. That is a very big program.
I still do not know what all I have. Time will tell.
Ken
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
@TS - we are discussing with the Developers of AGFPro - Tammy and Matt, the things we could do with AGFPro in iclone. They are interested in making AGFPro compatible with Iclone, and I was asking everyone to take it for a test drive and share their feedback.

It's not ready for Iclone yet, we are simply reviewing it and giving feedback on how we would like to use it.

So far , some people have expressed importing the terrains we can make, and others have expressed being able to make renders right from AGFPro.

The software can do way more than just model voxel meshes, but i'm thinking to keep things simple for a start, it would be nice if we could get the voxel terrain from AGFPro to iclone.

Obviously there's way more we can use from it, but one step at a time to open the pipeline and getting everyone to work together. For now we have to get the mesh from voxel to OBJ, with a reasonable face count to not crash iclone.

Please review the software demo to share your comments and wishlists. BigGrin

Edited
9 Years Ago by planetstardragon
theschemer
theschemer
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Ok thanks guys for the info. I am not sure if I need more software but you never know...Tongue I am not ever planning on making any games as I don't have time to play my favorite Battlefield 4. But I will think on the software as it will be on sale till the 15th. Tomorrow I will get my taxes done and pay my penalty. %#!*&^@
TS
animagic
animagic
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 10 minutes ago
TS, from what I've read in this thread, the interesting thing (at least to me) would be making terrains, especially if you can make caves and such. A regular height map will not be able to represent that so just creating height maps would not be that useful.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

@animagic, BUT if you can make both the heightmap AND the voxel terrain over it ...that would be great ...because it means a smaller face count than having the entire terrain all voxels. Those meshes can get ridiculous in size - so the combo of both could be a solution to a problem we have not experienced yet in iclone.

@Tammy, a major concern is keeping the face count low on the models so we can have more detail in real time filming. We are somewhere in between gaming visuals and Autodesk visuals, we want to be able to go extreme in quality without taking days to render or crashing iclone with big meshes - so we address this with low poly count meshes and high Texture Detail - as we have with the substance textures - and heighmaps.

Edited
9 Years Ago by planetstardragon
KenCoon
KenCoon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Wouldn't it be neat if we could use AGF and make a movie in iClone using their Terrains, peeps, and Props?
A movie using the Fantasy pack would be sort of cool. ( did I just use that word??)
KenSmile
KenCoon
KenCoon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

@Dragon.
Thanks for the info.
BTW Your box is full.
KenSmile
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

thanks for the heads up ken, all clear now Smile

KenCoon
KenCoon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

While doing other things on the Netbook last night I managed to go through all the Tutorials on the website. I may need to do that several times before it sinks in ( Had to retake classes in college too. Slow learner.)
I can now make a scene (sort of) but that is bout all. I haven't figured out why the scene doesn't zoom in when I add a peep to it or something else. Maybe I am not holding my mouth right.
I have been avoiding working on the movie right now to get things ready. I only have a few more days to download and Hold Week has slowed the Internet down here for some reason. Many of the TV stations go off for long periods of time to have silence. This country really observes Holy Week.
I am wondering if the tutorials can be recorded on the computer and played back later when I do not have Internet.

Reading This Topic