Posted By rpenczak 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Problems turning image into animatable character in CTA2

Author
rpenczak
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I've used Crazy Talk 6 before but am new to CTA2 (and iClone 6).
Have watched several Reallusion tutorials on how to turn an image into an animatable character including these https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntUy_3AMsTs&index=14&list=PLNV5zSFadPdmE_qSPdOuQLkOFrfgVIGAf & https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntUy_3AMsTs&list=PLNV5zSFadPdmE_qSPdOuQLkOFrfgVIGAf&index=15
But after deleting all my original sprites from dummy character and replacing them with new ones, my character doesn't animate properly at all - some parts scale up or down for some of the test animations or jump to the wrong body part. Tried starting over from scratch as went through tutorial but still not getting usable results. Any suggestions? Resources? Has anyone else had success or trouble with the tutorials listed above?

Thanks
jlittle
jlittle
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
Rather than delete a sprite and then add a new one just Replace the old sprite with your new one. Make sure you select the Replace Current Angle function otherwise it will replace the sprites for all angles.

Depending upon how you drew the sprite (i.e. size, dpi, etc.) how it is brought into CTA. You will need to resize and reposition any sprite that you import into CTA using the Sprite editor (i.e. blue box around the sprite).

After all your sprites have been imported, sized, and positioned, you need to run the "Confirm multi-angle Settings" function.

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

Reading This Topic