Profile Picture

Steamtrain Testvideo now also rendered in Indigo!

Posted By Odie_Schnitzel 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Odie_Schnitzel
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (673 reputation)Veteran Member (673 reputation)Veteran Member (673 reputation)Veteran Member (673 reputation)Veteran Member (673 reputation)Veteran Member (673 reputation)Veteran Member (673 reputation)Veteran Member (673 reputation)Veteran Member (673 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Here we go, it took longer than expected, as I didn't have to much time the last weeks, but now it is here. I tried to render the Steamtrain animation I already have done in Iclone 6, in Indigo.

First I had the problem, that my Computer with plenty of RAM crashes during export after about hundred frames, which seems to be due to a memory leak in the exporting. Therefore the clips in Indigo are shorter, than the original iClone Clips, as you will notice. The second Problem is since 6.01 the exporting time is now much longer than with 6.00!

The third problem I came across was the quality...I made each frame with 200 samples which took 10-20 mins on an I7. So the result is not perfect as you can see now in the video. They are just Testclips, so tweaking is still possible, I guess? Wink

Iclone 6 Version

http://youtu.be/qLOH1_uLOhg

Indigo Render Version

https://youtu.be/-9_fBzpWcew
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
this looks really well made, but in a sense overkill because indigo can take forever to render that much detail, and iclone would have probably done if not as good, a better render to test.

Once you have more textures on the set, it will be worth the time to render all that extra footage in with raytracing imo.....Plus RL is still working out the plug in and indigo 4 is coming out ( not sure when but it's been announced )

I'm only saying this because it seems you have a lot of great ideas and skill, and you may want to spend more effort on getting the bulk of the work done, while we wait for the newest patches and upgrades to be released.

Edited
9 Years Ago by planetstardragon

Reading This Topic