AGFPRO and Voxel Sculpt on Steam

Posted By planetstardragon 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Rampa
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 1 hour ago
If it could output the scene as FBX or OBJ it would potentially have a lot of use for iClone set building. Maybe that's an easy addition?

I'm playing a bit with the demo, but it does not have the voxel module.
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
I mentioned about the fbx and obj, but I thought it would be best to invite them over so everyone can help make a list of things we could use for iclone.

I believe you can model the terrain with voxels on the base software.....but it's more like earth sculptor ......the voxel tool allows you to go beyond that

but i can't say this with complete confidence because I installed both at the same time, so I'm not sure whats new

these are the choices I'm seeing - the circled red is where I see voxel options

inside the terrain panel at the bottom is a check box ( unchecked by default ) that I enable to start sculpting and / or painting. @Hattori in the texture section - where it says double click to change ...a window pops up with a selection of textures and an option to import your own

Edited
9 Years Ago by planetstardragon
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

ok, i think i get it, - the sculpting tool in the terrain panel makes the program act like earth sculptor - just up and down ... I'm thinking that's polygons ?

But on the bottom panel there is a rubics cube like icon that enables the ability to sculpt like minecraft with voxels - plus the ability to delete sections - thus letting you make covered spaces like caves, caverns, tunnels, and such

and that might be the button you won't have in the basic version as it seems to generate an entirely new voxel mesh for the terrain.

Edited
mtakerkart
mtakerkart
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Last Active: 50 minutes ago
I sent a message to Tammy to implement an obj or fbx export option like Space Engineers.
I think the more we send a request to Tammy the more we motivate them to do it.
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Oh, they are already excited to do it! so we need to go through the software and let them know what we need BigGrin

the more I play with this, the more I'm thinking an iclone plug in is needed ...it's just so much data and possibilities.

another thing I'm thinking, is that it has this infinite feeling which is great for unity but bad for iclone ...we need to keep the poly's low count for realtime rendering - so we need an iclone size setting as to not get meshes with millions of polygons that would crash iclone.

But this is crazy, it's like having google warehouse, minecraft, unity, and earth sculpture wrapped up in one software.

hattori kun
hattori kun
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Thanks planet. Equally important are the textures. If the terrain will be exportable, will the textures be one huge map on a dense mesh like Vue, Bryce or will it be optimized textures like Worldmachine and Earthsculptor? For Iclone I'm hoping its the latter since for realtime rendering its better to generate the terrain with heighmaps, splatmaps, etc.
Edited
9 Years Ago by hattori kun
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

ahh, the pleasure is all mine - I love putting talented people together - it's the producer in me lol BigGrin

i did a little more research on it .....I think the base terrain is heighmap based ....and the premium version of the software allows that export ...but I haven't found anything on splat maps yet.

so in theory, the export would be a heightmap for base terrain, and whatever you made with voxels would have to be a mesh. Then I'm guessing the chunk / building assets are polygons and would be their own meshes.

Note: from what i've learned so far, I'm pretty sure about this, but i'm still way too noob to say anything certain. So i'm just sharing my thoughts and observations.

Edited
KenCoon
KenCoon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
I didn't see a cost anywhere that listed the program. Maybe I am looking in the wrong place. The prices I did see were rather expensive for me.
$200 up?
KenSmile
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

oh nah, if anything they were having a sale, which is why I took the chance - glad i did too!! BigGrin

http://store.steampowered.com/app/253370/

they do have different combo packages to include all their add on packs, but even the everything bundle isn't close to 200

what I purchased from steam was $33.99 for both the agfpro 3.0 and the voxel sculpting plug in. -

also keep in mind, at this moment ...it's compatible with unity only....they are here to work with us to help make it compatible with iclone.

Edited
KenCoon
KenCoon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
If it ever goes down around $50 for something to make terrains, I would probably try it out. I am retired and on a budget.
KenSmile

Reading This Topic