Profile Picture

Daz Genesis 2 Female Character

Posted By AverageJoe 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
spacecat56
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (265 reputation)Senior Member (265 reputation)Senior Member (265 reputation)Senior Member (265 reputation)Senior Member (265 reputation)Senior Member (265 reputation)Senior Member (265 reputation)Senior Member (265 reputation)Senior Member (265 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
prabhatM (3/26/2015)

If you look at the facial pipeline document and follow the facial pipeline file, you are advised to create the facial morphs on different frames. If I remember correctly, the template used almost 1700 frames. So it would take quite sometime to export your character.

But you can activate all facial morphs for the genesis character manually.

That sounds interesting, but with so many (too manyBigGrin) morph packs installed, "all face morphs" seems to broad, and selecting the right ones too tedious for me to try right now, given the number of round-trips it has taken for other issues.

Thank you for explaining!
animagic
animagic
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
prabhatM (3/26/2015)
If you look at the facial pipeline document and follow the facial pipeline file, you are advised to create the facial morphs on different frames. If I remember correctly, the template used almost 1700 frames. So it would take quite sometime to export your character.

As I recall, the 1700 frames is based on 57 morphs at 30 fps. It has been suggested that if you set the frame rate to 1 fps, your timeline will only be 57 frames and that will speed up your export.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

spacecat56
spacecat56
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (265 reputation)Senior Member (265 reputation)Senior Member (265 reputation)Senior Member (265 reputation)Senior Member (265 reputation)Senior Member (265 reputation)Senior Member (265 reputation)Senior Member (265 reputation)Senior Member (265 reputation)

animagic (3/27/2015)
As I recall, the 1700 frames is based on 57 morphs at 30 fps. It has been suggested that if you set the frame rate to 1 fps, your timeline will only be 57 frames andthat will speed up your export.

Haha! Just tried it (reduce frames on timeline to 0 with 1 FPS, save and re-open project, re-run the DUF from RA, and export the same as before) , and I can confirm that does speed up the export from DAZ Studio a lot... and as a bonus, it speeds up 3DX too! Thanks, animagic.
prabhatM
prabhatM
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
animagic (3/27/2015)
prabhatM (3/26/2015)

As I recall, the 1700 frames is based on 57 morphs at 30 fps. It has been suggested that if you set the frame rate to 1 fps, your timeline will only be 57 frames andthat will speed up your export.

While I was testing the pipeline I realized I could do it faster than the recommended DUF method. So I didn't take any further interest in the official DUF method and I might have missed any update / discussion on that.

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
same here, I pretty much gave up on the duf as last time it took me like 3 hours to export a file - it's just easier to tell daz to export the visemes and expression morphs then customize the character....it works out better since i get custom expressions as opposed to a generic set.

spacecat56
spacecat56
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

planetstardragon (3/28/2015)
same here, I pretty much gave up on the duf as last time it took me like 3 hours to export a file ...

Whoa! I'm not sure what could take 3 hours... by sped up a lot, I meant from 2 or 3 minutes to 30 seconds or so.
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
neither do i, i know it acted like a bug on my machine, possibly from custom settings I'm using on the morphlist ? it runs fast till like 40% ...then it get's stuck on super slow speed....I just let it run since I had to do something else anyways...the export itself was fine... either way, i like the custom morph shapes approach better anyway and it's like 1 min or less to export.

Edited
9 Years Ago by planetstardragon
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 42 minutes ago
planetstardragon (3/28/2015)
same here, I pretty much gave up on the duf as last time it took me like 3 hours to export a file - it's just easier to tell daz to export the visemes and expression morphs then customize the character....it works out better since i get custom expressions as opposed to a generic set.

This is my method as well.

I found setting a rule as "Head" set to "Export" to be easy. It covers anything that has to do with the head, face, visemes, or anything above the neck. When your done assigning, delete the morphs you don't use from the morph list to make your avatar file size and RAM footprint smaller.

Also keep the "Final, Anything, Bake" one as noted earlier by PSD.
Edited
9 Years Ago by rampa
spacecat56
spacecat56
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

rampa (3/28/2015)...
I found setting a rule as "Head" set to "Export" to be easy. It covers anything that has to do with the head, face, visemes, or anything above the neck. ...

Funny how many ways are there are to do this [and how many ways to mess it up)... I've been using the set of morph export options from earlier in this thread, but for Genesis2 I've added head. Ignore... otherwise the automatic mapping was setting both the Genesis2Female... and those hidden controllers to 100% for e.g. blink, giving 200% of every movement. If I filter out Genesis2Female instead then none of my character shaping comes through.
Edited
9 Years Ago by spacecat56

Reading This Topic