Profile Picture

Cannot get Unity to work on any website -- even simple application templates

Posted By jasonpweber 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Cannot get Unity to work on any website -- even simple application...

Author
ExclamationMark
jasonpweber
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (666 reputation)Veteran Member (666 reputation)Veteran Member (666 reputation)Veteran Member (666 reputation)Veteran Member (666 reputation)Veteran Member (666 reputation)Veteran Member (666 reputation)Veteran Member (666 reputation)Veteran Member (666 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Years Ago
If you've ever tried to put a Unity project on a website, you've seen it. The all-too-common and infamous "Unity Web Player -- Install Now!" icon, and your project doesn't load.

Worse, your javascript code is pointing precisely to the folder where your Unity web player is.

Even worse than that, you submit a support question and receive a patronizing response 376 hours later, telling you to "read the documentation or post in the forums".

If you look at my nonprofit's website, I'm trying to incorporate some of the application templates there -- e-mail, FAQ, etc. ... But I cannot get past this "Unity Web Player -- Install Now!" bug.

Here's an example, where I simply uploaded the application template files themselves and changed the javascript codes to point to the proper locations:
https://nationalcdp.org/ct/FAQ.html

That is as basic as it gets. I've already completed a more complex FAQ that I have pretty much the same problem with on https://nationalcdp.org/board-of-directors/faq/ ... which is really where I'd like to use this. I've already created all of the CrazyTalk projects for each of the 9 FAQs, and uploaded them.

Can anybody tell me what I need to do in order to get this to work? Again, I'm getting no support from Reallusion whatsoever, so any guidance I can receive from the community would be greatly appreciated!

If you need any files of mine (e.g., UserSettings.js), I'd be happy to paste them here, or in PasteBin.

Thanks!

Webby
WebPrezence LLC
"90% of learning IClone is practice. The other half is patience."
~ Me

Edited
9 Years Ago by jasonpweber
farmlife
farmlife
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
I AM SO EXPERIENCING WHAT YOU ARE. EXACTLY.

Despite the promises to be able to share my projects with social media, and on my web page, it will not play unless viewers download Unity Player.

Hoping there is a way around this.

I AM VERY DISSATISFIED.

vidi
vidi
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
I think you get no response from the comunity because not many User use this interactive plugin.
First it looks unproffesional with Unity Player and secoundly it is not really userfriendly

Template Manual says it was never easier , but really, is it confusing
e.g. paste here copy there.... open a Editor for these ...

With Widgetcast it was so much better but RL has killed it

I suggest combine Crazy Talk 7 with Construct 2. is not only for games
https://www.scirra.com/construct2
you can freely create and easy make it active without coding and you get real HTML 5 output , No Plugin necessary. works On all devices !

My opinion Crazy Talk is great , interactive Plugin is only nice for Unity.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

jasonpweber
jasonpweber
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (666 reputation)Veteran Member (666 reputation)Veteran Member (666 reputation)Veteran Member (666 reputation)Veteran Member (666 reputation)Veteran Member (666 reputation)Veteran Member (666 reputation)Veteran Member (666 reputation)Veteran Member (666 reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
vidi (1/15/2015)
I think you get no response from the comunity because not many User use this interactive plugin.
First it looks unproffesional with Unity Player and secoundly it is not really userfriendly

Template Manual says it was never easier , but really, is it confusing
e.g. paste here copy there.... open a Editor for these ...

With Widgetcast it was so much better but RL has killed it

I suggest combine Crazy Talk 7 with Construct 2. is not only for games
https://www.scirra.com/construct2
you can freely create and easy make it active without coding and you get real HTML 5 output , No Plugin necessary. works On all devices !

My opinion Crazy Talk is great , interactive Plugin is only nice for Unity.

Thanks Vidi. I'm looking for an alternative to Unity, but not for game-making. It's strictly for web purposes to help my nonprofit organization look more professional and modernistic.

Since Unity is obviously in development and not stable, I absolutely expect Reallusion to refund us 100%, the Beta testers (which is what we are), and offer us a full license to go around and work out the kinks in this software.

In the meantime, any alternative suggestions for web deployment are greatly appreciated!

Webby
WebPrezence LLC
"90% of learning IClone is practice. The other half is patience."
~ Me

mc.conrad
mc.conrad
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (486 reputation)Senior Member (486 reputation)Senior Member (486 reputation)Senior Member (486 reputation)Senior Member (486 reputation)Senior Member (486 reputation)Senior Member (486 reputation)Senior Member (486 reputation)Senior Member (486 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
you need to add a mime-type to the directory where the unity file is. not a unity bug, it is a part of how servers & browsers work when you are using custom plugins.

create text file called web.config with the following (add < & > to start and end of each line, this forum is not letting me):

configuration
system.webServer
staticContent
mimeMap fileExtension=".unity3d" mimeType="TYPE/SUBTYPE" /
/staticContent
/system.webServer
/configuration

then the web server knows what to do with that extension.
Edited
9 Years Ago by mc.conrad

Reading This Topic