Profile Picture

How Do You Edit Pivot Points In CTA 2 Pipeline?

Posted By momillis 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
momillis
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Hi.

I have a few Marketplace items, not yet published, that have 2 separate parts with rotating hinges. I can't seem to get the pivot points working. Crazy

I created the items in DrawPlus 6 and set the pivot points. I exported them as an .swf to my desktop. I then imported them into CTA 2. When I load the parts the pivot points I created in DrawPlus are gone. The CTA 2 pivot point is there but I can't move to where I want.

I tried this as .swf/keyframe and as an image. I tried doing it as one grouped file and as 2 separate files. I tried setting them in Adobe Flash. Nothing seems to work. I can see what looks like a pivot point grid on the toolbar with the center marked. I can't get it to do anything though.

I've purchased a few items that have separate parts. I haven't discovered how to move the pivot point on them either. I can see the pivot points in the middle the images, and I can rotate them on that axis, but I can't move them.

Anyone have an idea on how to do this? Getting the pivot points I created in DrawPlus to stay when I import the .swf to CTA 2 would be ideal--if it can be done. Being able to just move them will be fine though.

Thanks.

- Mo' Millis  
Official Mo' Millis | Music & Animation

American rock musician and award winning songwriter.
3D photorealistic album art, posters, and tee shirt prints 
for independent artists.
Founder and composer of Scene Music. Certified animation content DEVeloper.

momillis
momillis
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

I knew this was gonna be a tough one! Maybe impossible.Ermm

Not! I found the solution. BigGrin

You take your prop into the prop composer. Move the prop and align the cross hairs where you want the new pivot point to be. Click the back button on the top left. And you're done. Wink

- Mo' Millis  

for independent artists.

Edited
9 Years Ago by momillis
Ibis Fernandez
Ibis Fernandez
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)

if its props that your talking about like a door. You can adjust the pivot point in the prop composer once you import it into CTA. Just move the image relative to the center of that prop, that's your pivot point.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ad51c90b-00a8-459d-8ca4-2136.gif
Ibis Fernandez   |   (available for hire)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Professional Animator, Filmmaker | Creator of the highest quality (modular) G2 rigs for cartoon animator and developer of Toon Titan and Puppet Producer 
Author of Flash Animation and Cartooning: A Creative Guide
>>> be sure to check out http://toontitan.com for professional grade assets, templates, and custom tools for Cartoon Animator and more.
momillis
momillis
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Ibis Fernandez (3/27/2015)
if its props that your talking about like a door. You can adjust the pivot point in the prop composer once you import it into CTA. Just move the image relative to the center of that prop, that's your pivot point.

TongueTongueTongue @Ibis, that's what I said in the post before yours dude. You probably only read the initial post. It happens. Smile I guess I had answered my own question.

That's funny, a while back, right after I posted this and the found solution, you and I both posted to help someone else with this. You beat me to the punch and I elaborated. This must be a common issue. It is a little tricky to find.

Actually I have a working clock I'm still having issues with. I have a script (code) that run it in real time. The problem is I need it to load and function as one piece--face and hands. Though it's separate pieces it needs to react as one object.

It'll work otherwise. I'm just a perfectionist that what more from it. BigGrin

- Mo' Millis  

for independent artists.

Edited
9 Years Ago by momillis

Reading This Topic