Profile Picture

Introducing Universal Installer

Posted By Bruce (RL) 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
fillip
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Years Ago
fillip (3/12/2015)
(note: this issue has been submitted to support)
The Content Installer (rld file) doesn't work for me. Purchased the CTA Animation Carnival Motion Combo (very awesome sale thank you Smile ). Next, with CTA 2 v15.something (latest version) opened, I tried to use the rld, universal download for the "Motion Profiles-Communication". When i double clicked it after downloading, it asked what "Application" to use to open it, so i chose CTA2, then a window pops up saying "Failed to open project".

Using CTA2 on Mac mini (late 2012) Mac OS 10.10.2.

Tried the same with other content volumes, got the same response.

Any suggestions?

UPDATE: It's working now. Support gave me a new .dmg file. The problem started when I first used Content Installer (CI) it asked what application to use and I chose CTA2. DOH! For some weird reason, Reallusion puts the CI into the Library, Application support, yada, yada, The MOST least likely places. Anyhow, using the new .dmg file I got the "what application to use to open" this time I was given an option to use the CI (This option didn't show up the first time, causing me to post this problem). And it worked! And to make sure this would never happen again, I clicked on "info" and selected open all these types of files (.rld) with CI.

Once I got it working, wow, really super-easy to download and install the files into CTA2-Pipeline.

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Reading This Topic