Please Share your Cool Intros with iClone

Posted By Tarampa Studios 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Tarampa Studios
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I *love* a cool intro, and I've noticed a few other members have some really slick intros for their vids that look like they've been done wholly, or mostly in iclone, but I'd love to see more if possible please, no matter how old, because they can be so inspirational...

My favourite so far is the intro for "... Young Tesla" by Mark at smallWstudios... which looks to be partly iclone and part AE or Sony Vegas SFX... perhaps by rotating png props of the formulae and math calculations so they drop shadows onto parchment...?

Mark, if you're out there, would you be willing to explain how you managed to achieve this (and your superior light settings in that first scene)?

In the meantime, I was playing around this morning with an avi prop of clouds as a background, a few coloured fogs and a few simple extruded spline props from C4D and came up with this quickie for a friend's business logo, which can be broken down and re-used for free for other logos, if anybody wants em... ?:

Glowing eyes could be better with a little more red in them obviously, and maybe reshaping the flames from the nose, or recolouring with grungier metals... but for a project that took less than an hour, I must say I'm really pleased with iC5, which made it fun as well as swift and easy.

BigGrin

Anita, aka "Bleetz" the Toon Wrangler @ Tarampa Studios
SYS: Win 8.1,  64-bit, i7-4770 CPU @3.4GHz,  
32GB RAM, Intel(R)Graphics 4600 & nVIDIA GTX1060 TI 

Peter Blood
Peter Blood
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
You could make a thread longer than any other if you showed all of marks fabulous intros. He is a master animator and a darned nice guy. I love all of his work. Mark is the guy I want to be when I grow up (animatingly speaking. Tongue )!!

Cool pete

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d9f2ee62-c67b-4c8e-b3cf-4e36.png
http://www.youtube.com/user/peterblood50?feature=mhee
Tarampa Studios
Tarampa Studios
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)

Haha! Too True, Pete!

Speaking of great intros, that's a fab start you've got for your historical fiction series... How did you make those splashes around the ships seem so real? e.g. Is it one big splash repeated and interrupted by the hull, or is it several smaller splashes that move forward/aft, bow/stern?

And if you don't mind me asking, what software did you use to overlay the textual backstory? :

namunger
namunger
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Mine's pretty cheesy, but if nothing else, it let me write off iClone as a business expense!

----

Peter Blood
Peter Blood
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Bleetz: Smile

Well, thank you but I can't take any of the credit for the graphics in that series.

That entire series is a Napoleon Total War machinima using only in-game graphics as conjured up by the team at Creative Assembly. My contribution was the story and the hours it took to get the actors, ships, and cameras in the correct positions for the raw shots (captured with Fraps and WeGame) . Then, of course, editing, music, and fx sound took a fair amount of time as well.

I recieved iclone5 half way through the third one and have spent all my time since trying to become a better animator as well as story teller.

Glad you liked them. BigGrin

Cool pete

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d9f2ee62-c67b-4c8e-b3cf-4e36.png
http://www.youtube.com/user/peterblood50?feature=mhee
Gerskey
Gerskey
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (9.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.3K reputation)

Hi Bleetz,
thank you for sharing you thoughts, I honestly enjoyed watching that video by smallWstudio.
Peace
Gerskey.
mark
mark
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)

Last Active: 14 minutes ago
Thanks for the kind words folks! By the way the "Tesla" into was done with, of course, iClone, SONY Vegas and Photoshop... that's it!BigGrin

Here's a test I did in iC5 for a "cyber-hot-rod-buddy"... got a little bit of a cool into that I would like to keep exploring in iC6 with it's weight mapped cloth...TongueTongueTongue

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

Tarampa Studios
Tarampa Studios
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Wow, **LOVE** that burst through the paper, Mark!...
How the heck did you do that?

mark
mark
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)

Last Active: 14 minutes ago
Ha, Ha not much of a "burst" i have to say. It's just two images, one is a ,png with an alpha channel that allows for transparency( the hole). So it's really just a quick cut from one image to the next and then I just drove on through!!!BigGrinBigGrinBigGrin

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

Reading This Topic