Profile Picture

Any plans for better or full support of Mixamo?

Posted By AverageJoe 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
mtakerkart
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
@MixamoJeanette

I'm very curious to learn that your 3DX5 preset made for "Female ElfA" won't work on "Male Dev C.P.". In fact, all of the blendshapes should be identical, so that's very curious. I'll check into it on my end!

Very simple Jeannette. Because in the process of building/autorig mixamo process the number of the body polygons (wich i'm thinking is used for blendshape) is different. see image below.

So an expression preset done with 3dxchange couldn't be apply to other one.
The Daz character have the same polycount depending of the genesis generation.
That's why Reallusion made a Genesis 1 and genesis 2 presets.
mtakerkart
mtakerkart
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
As you can see below Jeannette , I made 2 differente face shape with the same character type inside Fuse.
The number of the mesh is the same , so the 3dxchange expression preset can work with the two. (sorry for my very bad english...Blush

I think it will be very difficult to make a "generic" preset because there's 40 heads , 34 bodys,34 arms, 34 legs and the mix of them give everytime a different body polygon number.

For me Fuse is perfect. I think the next update of Iclone will integrate a morph system like they did
in the previous version.
BUT!!!!! May you can contact Reallusion to propose a sort of Faceplus plugin like you made for Unity. Wink

Edited
9 Years Ago by mtakerkart
MixamoJeanette
MixamoJeanette
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Ah, I see. I didn't realize it was based on the point order and polycount. :\ That does present a problem. Our base characters actually all use identical geometry, so even if you mix and match different body types it should have the same polycount, but the point order may vary and the clothing will absolutely vary.

I want to thank you all for the information, you've given me a lot to look over. I'll take a closer look into things and see what we can do on our end. Smile
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
now, about the pricing! w00t

we have a ton of motions, the motion panel in iclone ( motion generator ), the cmu files, we scoured the net for anything that moves, we have the kinect, getting the next gen mocap system soon, I like to keyframe, swoop has a cat in his max and motion builder...........we really like your motions ..but your prices are like hollywood...... we are more like machinima - how about you give us an iclone exclusive price, and for any exports they have to buy a license from you direct so you have control on it's distribution ? I like the fuse idea because apparently i can import my own meshes and use the set up like a modeler...so it does seem like an option, especially with your support! BigGrin

this is the track i made for Nanee! ♪ ♫ ♬ ♥

Edited
9 Years Ago by planetstardragon

Reading This Topic