Book Of Ruth Progress Report

Posted By KenCoon 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
ouch, that usually means that the crucial files were all infected - there is malware, then there are viruses - malware often opens doors for viruses ....but malware doesn't do enough damage to be considered a virus itself.

so while your computer may have been functional, it may have also been very infected ...ie - someone using your system as a zombie for a botnet http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Botnet.

Sometimes when a file has been infected, cleaning it is like trying to unmix coffee....you just delete the infected file and replace it with a clean original.

Some viruses are so bad, ie - rootkits http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rootkit....they can infect the drive at a very low level, that even reformatting it doesn't help and regular anti - viruses don't work, you need specialized rootkit removing software for those.

Edited
9 Years Ago by planetstardragon
KenCoon
KenCoon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
I am finished with my running around for today and my car is back in the shop getting the brake disks turned. I will have lots of time for now.
I plan to reformat the hard drive using Live Boot 2012 and then put Windows 7 on it. I will then put my copy of Linux on the computer to try to straighten out the Grub file that seems to be holding things up. If that doesn't work it will have to go to the shop to see if he can fix it there.
I am out of ideas and I am losing my memories for the movie. I need to get back to that before I forget everything and need to begin over again.
The new computer is working fine and when I get my car back I am going to get a 1TB external hard drive to back everything on. they are not expensive and I can put everything on it that is in the computer.
Off to rebuild land for the day. ( Maybe try to get some of the movie stuff done to finish organizing it and see just what i will need for it.)
KenSmile
There is a Monsoon somewhere in the region that is causing rain to the south of us now.
KenCoon
KenCoon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

My windows7 seems to be gone and won't come back unless I try to buy another copy. Forget that.
I am going to download my Ubuntu Linux system that works fine on it and use that without Windows. That will take a few hours to do. I am going to work on the Movie and just download everything while I am working on it.
Now I must find out where I was and what I need to do yet.
I do have the Spreadsheet set up but something seems to be missing. I am not sure what I need to make or purchase and I also am not sure how I am going to do certain things with iClone6.
Guess it is a pretty much begin all over again thing. I will read the Book of Ruth in the Bible tonight and then I will have a better idea what I have forgotten.
I also will need to take my printer to the shop and have it put back in working again. I have two of them and both are messed up. After that I will be set again.
My car will come home tomorrow. That will keep me here.
I hope everyone is having an easier life that I am right now. I would advise you not to retire now. It isn't what you think it is. You will be busier than when you worked.
KenSmile
KenCoon
KenCoon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I am back on the new computer this morning.
I didn't realize how much I had forgotten and how disorganized I had been.
I went through several notebooks this morning looking for the addresses of places to get free props, music and other things I will need for the movie. I found some of them.
I forgot a lot of them.
I am putting them in a column in the spreadsheet that I have now.
I also seem to have lost a lot of the momentum I had before these problems. I need to get that back. I read the Book of Ruth in the Bible last night and tried to visualize how it will look.
I need to get my printer fixed as the copy of the screenplay is all marked up and is getting sort of ragged. I need to make another copy.
KenSmile
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
KenCoon (3/5/2015)
I didn't realize ... how disorganized I had been.

Yes, setting aside, and then returning to a project can be very enlightening in that regard.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

rgreenidge
rgreenidge
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Sorry Ken to hear about all the things that you are going through. I've been retired since 2009 and this is the best thing that ever happened. It sounds like you're somewhere in South Asia, I thought about retiring in for years Brazil, until my trip in 2010 and things changed there. Last kid got out of college in 2010 so that may be the difference between you and me. I go to bed working on iClone sometimes @ 7AM and will sleep to 2 or 3PM if no one calls. I only bought Epson printers, and put Continuous ink systems put in them. This last one I might have used since 2009, and had to reset the end of life counter 2 times. The printer heads seem to last forever. Been on the WWW since it's beginning or AOL, and rarely have viruses and other problems. I try to stay away from the free stuff, and that may have helped me. All my buddies have said the same thing, nothing beats retirement, and we should have left earlier. They don't make our parts anymore. It's been snowing in NY every week since December, and that's the only depressing thing. Get that computer and car together, and have good luck with them. Sold my car & gave up my garage spot up to my son when he bought 2 new cars within the last 3 years. New car for me $600, plus $200 garage & $200 for Geico. $1000 a month to see who and go where? I got a free MTA pass, and a son & daughter to drive me around. Their turn now. Have a great weekend, Rome wasn't built in a day. If you get windows working at all, click in the search box, anytime upgrade. And I got upgraded to the Pro version for about $79 direct from Microsoft. It was cheaper than anyplace on the net. I the was able to increase my MB memory to it's max of 32GB. Have a great weekend.

Home built; ASRock X570 Pro 4, AMD Ryzen 9-5950X CPU, AMD RADEON RX6900XT, 16GB video card, 131GB of RAM.

KenCoon
KenCoon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I am going to move the construction of the movie to iClone 5.51. That is more familiar territory and I can find things quicker there.
I only had the opening scenes completed and I can keep them and just move things over later. I will probably redo them a little and maybe just make them again with 5.51 and then later I can move the complete project over to iClone 6. I am wondering if I should move this thread over to the iClone5 forum or leave it here.
KenSmile
animagic
animagic
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 12 hours ago
Ken, I would leave the thread here as you will have more exposure and it is actually not possible to move a thread yourself. It's also become a familiar place...

And, even those of us who now work with iClone 6 are quite familiar with iClone 5 and can assist. Just mention what iClone version you are using.

It's a pity no-one lives near you, because I think you are in need of some serious technical assistance. Many members here are quite computer-savvy, but it's hard to do without seeing the actual system. What you reported in the other thread about how you "lost" Windows 7, that just shouldn't happen.

EDIT: corrected typo...Unsure

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Edited
9 Years Ago by animagic
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
animagic (3/6/2015)
Ken, I would leave the thread here as you will have more exposure and it is actually not possible to move a thread yourself. It's also become a familiar place...

And, even those of use who now work with iClone 6 are quite familiar with iClone 5 and can assist. Just mention what iClone version you are using.

It's a pity no-one lives near you, because I think you are in need of some serious technical assistance. Many members here are quite computer-savvy, but it's hard to do without seeing the actual system. What you reported in the other thread about how you "lost" Windows 7, that just shouldn't happen.

100% agree with everything you said.

Also, while reading Ken's posts, I have felt a mild lack of trust in his local computer shop.  I feel he's getting questionable support, and maybe worse than that.  Some of the problems just sound so strange and out of the ordinary.  But maybe it's the way business is done there.

If I was an hour away, I would have been there helping weeks ago.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

KenCoon
KenCoon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

First of all, thanks for all the support and help everyone here is giving me.
Many of the problems I have here are from not having US made stuff. Much of what we have here comes from China and Taiwan. There is also a language difference even though they speak English.
The guy locally is very knowledgeable about the New computer. It is the only one he sells and he seems to know it inside and out. The problems seem to come when you use different software that he is not familiar with. I took the operating system he had on the computer off and added the one I had from my disk. They were similar but it was a little different. I think that messed him up.
The rest of the stuff we need to learn here. Most shops are like that. They know what they sell and not much else.
The way things are going now it looks like the main help I should need from here on out will be with iClone and everyone there knows that program.(except me).
thanks again. I will be posting on here regularly though.
Only the printer to get serviced now and I will be back in business completely.
KenSmile

Reading This Topic