Profile Picture

Audio and Clothing Questions

Posted By Jsted62 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Jsted62
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (386 reputation)Senior Member (386 reputation)Senior Member (386 reputation)Senior Member (386 reputation)Senior Member (386 reputation)Senior Member (386 reputation)Senior Member (386 reputation)Senior Member (386 reputation)Senior Member (386 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Two quick CTA2 questions:

1. Can you add a voice so that a character's mouth moves correctly and then delete or turn down the audio while keeping the mouth movements? I'm working on a piece where characters talk over each other and just want one of the character's mouth movements but don't want their audio to play?

2. Can you alter CTA2 content pack clothes? For instance, can I take a Reallusion T-Shirt and put a logo on it and re-import like you can do with props?

Any help with these two questions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
jlittle
jlittle
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
1. Can you add a voice so that a character's mouth moves correctly and then delete or turn down the audio while keeping the mouth movements? I'm working on a piece where characters talk over each other and just want one of the character's mouth movements but don't want their audio to play?
If you have one voice clip of the character talking and then want to mute that person as another starts talking then you need to first break your Voice Clip into sections. Each section would either be heard or muted. Then for the muted section, copy the lip track under the muted section, delete the muted voice clip, insert/import a silent voice clip and then paste the lip track back and trim off any excess silence by breaking the clip and deleting the unused portion.

2. Can you alter CTA2 content pack clothes? For instance, can I take a Reallusion T-Shirt and put a logo on it and re-import like you can do with props?
You can create new sprites for the shirt (i.e. Upper Torso) and import it (Pro & Pipeline versions) to replace the existing ones (i.e. for each angle). There is no access to the original sprites for the characters to edit and re-import. You can also create the logo as a prop and attach to the character in Composer Mode. Just make the prop G2 by providing a sprite for each body angle. Then as the characters body angle changes you change the sprite for the logo prop to match the angle view.

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

Jsted62
Jsted62
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (386 reputation)Senior Member (386 reputation)Senior Member (386 reputation)Senior Member (386 reputation)Senior Member (386 reputation)Senior Member (386 reputation)Senior Member (386 reputation)Senior Member (386 reputation)Senior Member (386 reputation)

Thanks, Jeff.

One more quick question - My character speaks and then stops while someone else talks. When I change sprites and put a smile on his face while he waits the lip sync doesn't work for the rest of the clip. How can I alter a character's face when they're not talking but then let lip sync take over when they begin talking again.

Thanks - Jim
jlittle
jlittle
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
You need to release the mouth sprite just before they start talking again.

You can find the release button in the sprite editor at the bottom. Select the mouth then click release and the mouth will go back to the last lip setting and then follow the lips track.

Look at the Mouth_S track and you will see where the mouth sprite is active and inactive by the line.

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

Jsted62
Jsted62
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Wow, that was perfect timing. I was just about to finish my project and can incorporate this. Thanks, Jeff!

-Jim

Reading This Topic