Toon Maker2 "Stretchy" Clothing/Materials Not Fitting Avatar

Posted By creativevt 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Toon Maker2 "Stretchy" Clothing/Materials Not Fitting Avatar

Author
creativevt
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (270 reputation)Senior Member (270 reputation)Senior Member (270 reputation)Senior Member (270 reputation)Senior Member (270 reputation)Senior Member (270 reputation)Senior Member (270 reputation)Senior Member (270 reputation)Senior Member (270 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Greetings All,

When using Toon Maker2 in iClone6, the clothing/materials are not fitting properly. I can add the stretchy avatar, but when I add the materials, they are not displaying correctly. The dress for example, is confined to just the upper body and looks more like a halter-top than a dress.

The facial accessories can be added correctly, as do the lower body materials. Not having this issue with the Chubby avatar clothing/materials. I have tried re-sizing the stretchy avatar, as well as adjusting UV Settings under the material section (with the appropriate "upper" material selected).

Wondering if anyone has any suggestions? I have even tried re-installing the Toon Maker2 pack, but the issue still persists.

Thank you!

Brent

creativevt
creativevt
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (270 reputation)Senior Member (270 reputation)Senior Member (270 reputation)Senior Member (270 reputation)Senior Member (270 reputation)Senior Member (270 reputation)Senior Member (270 reputation)Senior Member (270 reputation)Senior Member (270 reputation)

Upon further inspection, it looks like the UV Reference for the dress "upper" may be referencing the wrong UV Reference file.

Is there a way for me to change what UV Reference file a particular piece of clothing is referencing? I can't find the folder containing the .bmp in the structure. Might anyone know where I can locate these files?

Thanks again!

Brent
Galfridus
Galfridus
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month

Without a picture its a little difficult to fully understand your problem creativevt .

I have Toon Maker 2 and it seems to function correctly in IC6.

I wonder if maybe you are trying to apply the “dress upper” material file directly to the base stretchy avatar without first applying the dress upper cloth?

The pack comes with 3 different “upper” cloth meshes for Stretchy and a selection of Material files.

The material files are specific to the upper mesh you selected to add to the base character.

Hope this helps.Smile

Geoff.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ba17ca1f-2bbe-4b61-819c-6bdf.png

creativevt
creativevt
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Hi Geoff,

Can't thank you enough for your suggestion. That's EXACTLY what it was. Everything is looking as expected, and works perfectly based on the sequence you listed out below.

Thanks again for your time on this response!

Best,

Brent

Reading This Topic