Profile Picture

what's the maths behind the HSBC colour sliders

Posted By JohnArtbox 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
JohnArtbox
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (454 reputation)Senior Member (454 reputation)Senior Member (454 reputation)Senior Member (454 reputation)Senior Member (454 reputation)Senior Member (454 reputation)Senior Member (454 reputation)Senior Member (454 reputation)Senior Member (454 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Does anybody know the maths behind the hsbc sliders in the render styles setup?
+180 and -180 on the hue slider are not giving the same results (they should) and when I enter a character with a base colour of h0 s 50 b 50 it should have predictable results ie +50B to white -50b to black, +50S to pure colour -50C to grey, and h0 to 180 should match the colour wheel, while h0 to h-180 should invert the normal h181 to h360 range.
When I created two identical coloured groups, and then used the saturation and hue sliders to modify them I got two completely different results.
Any ideas?
jlittle
jlittle
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
We think that it is not a fixed system but instead the adjustments are relative to the original color. I believe it was also found that if the original color was black then you could not change it to any other color.

Ibis came up with a great way to change the colors and to exactly what you want.

You can read thru the thread about it HERE and start at the bottom of the first page.

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

JohnArtbox
JohnArtbox
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (454 reputation)Senior Member (454 reputation)Senior Member (454 reputation)Senior Member (454 reputation)Senior Member (454 reputation)Senior Member (454 reputation)Senior Member (454 reputation)Senior Member (454 reputation)Senior Member (454 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Thanks Jeff, that provided the workaround I was looking for.

Reading This Topic