Profile Picture

Creating flexible rope, tubing etc

Posted By D'ark 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
D'ark
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (397 reputation)Senior Member (397 reputation)Senior Member (397 reputation)Senior Member (397 reputation)Senior Member (397 reputation)Senior Member (397 reputation)Senior Member (397 reputation)Senior Member (397 reputation)Senior Member (397 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Is there a tutorial or anything related to the nature of flexible objects such as rope or tubing? For instance should you want to tie up a boat, or walk a dog on a leash or such. Or create a line that links two objects and remains flexible.
Cricky
Cricky
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Skype ID= learn.iclone

Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)

adrian.truss (3/4/2015)
Is there a tutorial or anything related to the nature of flexible objects such as rope or tubing? For instance should you want to tie up a boat, or walk a dog on a leash or such. Or create a line that links two objects and remains flexible.

There is a default "Kite" project that shows you connections.

Then you can look at this to create your own similar but larger diameter rope, tube that works the same way.

SKYPE ID: rc.650

http://city.reallusion.com/store/ModuleExpand.aspx?id=GS634545170497417354&mdid=18866

http://city.reallusion.com/ContentTag.aspx?tagname=Cricky&AuthorID=20081020688550191201#]Reallusion Store Content

" If I had Alzheimer's (Old Timers), would I know it? "
D'ark
D'ark
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (397 reputation)Senior Member (397 reputation)Senior Member (397 reputation)Senior Member (397 reputation)Senior Member (397 reputation)Senior Member (397 reputation)Senior Member (397 reputation)Senior Member (397 reputation)Senior Member (397 reputation)

Thanks for the tip. Cheers.
D'ark
D'ark
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

I have followed the tutorial video re: creating rope etc. But when he comes to the step in the video that uses the UV map as a template, his map is simple. A solid object on the map that he easily can attach pins to. When I open the UV map for a cylinder that I stretched out as rope, the UV map is far more complex and hard to figure out. How did he get his UV map to appear more or less just as his 'rope' object appeared.

Attachments
His UV map.JPG (45 views, 14.00 KB)
My cylinder UV map.JPG (49 views, 64.00 KB)
Cricky
Cricky
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Skype ID= learn.iclone

Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)

adrian.truss (3/6/2015)
I have followed the tutorial video re: creating rope etc. But when he comes to the step in the video that uses the UV map as a template, his map is simple. A solid object on the map that he easily can attach pins to. When I open the UV map for a cylinder that I stretched out as rope, the UV map is far more complex and hard to figure out. How did he get his UV map to appear more or less just as his 'rope' object appeared.

Question was "How did he get his UV map to appear more or less just as his 'rope' object appeared."

Answer: I made my own. Much better than trying to figure out what someone else creates as a UV Layout

Not sure who it was, but a search of the forum should locate a program someone put a link to where you can do this also. Form Z Free Version 8. It allows you to make your own primitives which essentially is what the rope in the video is, only laid out to facilitate easier weight mapping.

Just to edit this: I looked at the UV yours came out with and can tell you that it has no sectional bending capability. It only has one height segment. The two circles represent the caps, the top and bottom of the rest would be where you pin the rope; more segments in between would be needed. 20 or more, not exceeding 20,000 faces would be really smooth. Find a happy medium between 2,000 and 20,000.

SKYPE ID: rc.650

http://city.reallusion.com/store/ModuleExpand.aspx?id=GS634545170497417354&mdid=18866

http://city.reallusion.com/ContentTag.aspx?tagname=Cricky&AuthorID=20081020688550191201#]Reallusion Store Content

" If I had Alzheimer's (Old Timers), would I know it? "
Edited
9 Years Ago by Cricky

Reading This Topic