Posted By 45thdiv 9 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.

Found out the issue with DAZ 4.7 and FBX for Gen2 characters

Author
45thdiv
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hi Everyone,

I have been struggling with this error for a few weeks now.  Uninstalling and reinstalling software, checking the polygon count and all that stuff.  It turned out to be a very simple thing to fix this.

I have this written in a new thread so it does not get buried in my other post.

When you are ready to export to an FBX file from within DAZ 4.7 the default is the 2012 version.  It is found in the export selections when you are saving what you want to export.  Top right of the window you will see a pull down.  From there select the 2014 FBX. 

I don't know why DAZ 4.7 sets the export to that value, but it was the cause of my 3DXchange crashes.  I can now take the highest number of polygons from a DAZ figure and it imports into 3DXchange with no issues.  It takes a bit of time to load, but from there I am good to go to make it ready to export to iClone6.

I hope this helps folks.

Matthew

Matthew

PC stats:
Intel Core i7-5930K Processor (6-cores, 15MB Cache, Overclocked to 3.9 GHz with Turbo Boost)

Windows 10
Graphics card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 graphics, 8GB
Memory - 16GB Quad Channel  DDR4 at 2133MHz
DirectX - 12

256GB SSD 6Gb/s main HD + 4TB 6kRPM SATA 6Gb/s Storage

45thdiv
45thdiv
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

Well - that did not fix anything.Sad

Matthew

PC stats:
Intel Core i7-5930K Processor (6-cores, 15MB Cache, Overclocked to 3.9 GHz with Turbo Boost)

Windows 10
DirectX - 12

warlord720
warlord720
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Not sure what you are trying to do but 3DXchange is setup to use FBX2011 format. I export out with this format in Daz and Studio Max quite often. Might not be the problem you're facing.

--------------------------------------------------
I LIVE to anymate, irritate and machinamate. Not necessarily in that order.

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
when I'm in doubt of an fbx file, I usually convert it to another year version of fbx in the free autodesk fbx converter. Works out fine most of the time ( except the most extreme cases )

wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
Are you leaving sub division info ticked
have you tried removing figure itself bump maps, certain M6 ones in particular can crash it.
You can re-add them in 3Dx5 for skin, do not bother for tongue etc

45thdiv
45thdiv
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks everyone. Being new to all this, but learning quickly, I found that if I add the iClone facial animation to the DAZ character before I export, this is what causes my crashing. Unless I choose the 2014 binary fix format. But that can be hit or miss. I am just using DAZ gen 2 male and female as my tests. Texture on the clothing is hi res and high poly count. My system has no issues with these settings. As you all know, it is trial and error as you first get into this hobby. I am very gratefull to all the support I have had this past month.

Matthew

PC stats:

Windows 10
DirectX - 12

Reading This Topic