Profile Picture

Souchenki City Packs - Is possible to combine/mix then to create a whole city?

Posted By Brick Loko 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Souchenki City Packs - Is possible to combine/mix then to create a...

Author
Brick Loko
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (989 reputation)Veteran Member (989 reputation)Veteran Member (989 reputation)Veteran Member (989 reputation)Veteran Member (989 reputation)Veteran Member (989 reputation)Veteran Member (989 reputation)Veteran Member (989 reputation)Veteran Member (989 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hello,

I acquired several City Packs from Souchenki, but I can only access each one of those packs as individual scenes. I can't access the individual props inside each scene. I would like to create a scene with the office building props and the office building props.

I'm also using the City Elements packs, and all props could be used as individual props, and combined or mixed with any set that I create.

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if those packs can't be combined, as the City Elements.

I'm using iClone 6.02

Anyone has any idea?

Regards

The packs that I acquired are:
Souchenki City House   
Souchenki City Cathedral and Cemetery   
Souchenki City Office Building   
Souchenki City Cinema and Stadium   
Souchenki Center Park   
Souchenki Old Fashioned Architectures   
Souchenki City Factory and Gas Station   
Souchenki City Hospital and SuperMarke
animagic
animagic
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 10 minutes ago
I don't have the packs, but here is an idea.

I see they are sold as 3D scenes. In order to accomplish that all props need to be added to the terrain.

Go to the Scene Manager and check under Terrain. If I'm right, you will find that some of the terrain elements are in fact props.

Select one of those in the Scene Manager. You will see it then also selected in your scene (look for yellow corner boundaries). Right-click the element and select Convert to Prop.

The element will become a prop and be listed under Props in the Scene Manager. You can then save the prop.

One thing to be aware of is that adding props to the terrain seems to do away with any hierarchy for those props that consist of more than one part. So if you have a house, there may be a door that later needs to be attached to the house. In other words, check for props that consist of multiple parts and assemble those first before saving.

I hope I'm right and that this works.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Brick Loko
Brick Loko
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (989 reputation)Veteran Member (989 reputation)Veteran Member (989 reputation)Veteran Member (989 reputation)Veteran Member (989 reputation)Veteran Member (989 reputation)Veteran Member (989 reputation)Veteran Member (989 reputation)Veteran Member (989 reputation)

Hi,

thanks for you reply, but sadly it not worked.

I include some screens, that could help to translate what I see.

When I open the "Urban City" project, the scene manager has only props and light. There is no terrain.

I can access the props individually on the scene manager, when I open that project, but I still cant transport those props, as I do with the "City element" pack.

As example I added my props tab, when several props are available, but none from those Souchenki City Pack.

Pls, let me know if you have any other idea that could help me.
Otherwise, many thanks for your support and attention.

I very much appreciate your support.

Regards
Attachments
Urban_City_01.jpg (115 views, 245.00 KB)
Scene_Manager.jpg (87 views, 238.00 KB)
No_props.jpg (78 views, 253.00 KB)
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
if the models aren't separate, you could always force the issue by making the individual buildings invisible. You will ultimately load the same prop several times, but with only one visible item at a time.

guerrilla work around!

Or you can simply try to contact the developer and make a request.

johnwb2
johnwb2
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (555 reputation)Veteran Member (555 reputation)Veteran Member (555 reputation)Veteran Member (555 reputation)Veteran Member (555 reputation)Veteran Member (555 reputation)Veteran Member (555 reputation)Veteran Member (555 reputation)Veteran Member (555 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hi,
He supplies them as a project. So open the one that you want in iclone, Highlight the single prop you desire in that project and then save it as a custom prop in your custom props folder. Do this for all the single props you want to use in a scene. Then open a new project, go to your custom props folder and add your single props to the scence. Hope this helps,
John
Brick Loko
Brick Loko
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Hi Guys,

thanks a lot for all your support.
I get the problem solved, it was something silly from my part,

Just a matter of changing the content tab and add the props one by one.

Best

Reading This Topic