Still crashing 3DXchange from DAZ 4.7

Posted By 45thdiv 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
45thdiv
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Here is a basic figure I have attempted to export to 3DXchange from DAZ 4.7 - I have all my graphic cards up to date with latest drivers and I have installed the latest iClone6 and 3DXchange software updates.

I have taken the basic DAZ Gen 2 female and given her the basic clothes and hair that come with DAZ. The screen shot below is showing her, right before I add the iCloneFaceKey.

Okay - Attachment 1 shows that -

Then attachment 2 shows the screen as I am about to export to FBX - Notice that it defaults to the FBX 2012 - binary output option. I have exported the figure this was as well as using the later 2014 - binary.

It seems to export fine. You can see it go through all of the face movements.

The 3rd file is when I try to open the file in 3DXchange.

Then I get the following error.

Then windows shuts the program down.

I tried just a naked figure with no iClonefacemap
and I was able to bring the file into the 3DXchange, but could not edit anything about her. I could not even rename the "Rootnode" default. And the only option for export is iAvatar

Any ideas?

Thanks

Matthew

PC stats:
Intel Core i7-5930K Processor (6-cores, 15MB Cache, Overclocked to 3.9 GHz with Turbo Boost)

Windows 10
Graphics card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 graphics, 8GB
Memory - 16GB Quad Channel  DDR4 at 2133MHz
DirectX - 12

256GB SSD 6Gb/s main HD + 4TB 6kRPM SATA 6Gb/s Storage

tq.linux
tq.linux
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Hi!Wink

I think the cause of the trouble is a check of the "SubD Infomation".
Please don't check ”SubD Infomation" and challenge once again.
45thdiv
45thdiv
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

Thank you, I will give that a try.

I don't recall selecting that.  I have to rely on the presets because I have no clue about what all of those boxes are for.  I am slowly learning though. Smile

Thank again.

Matthew

PC stats:
Intel Core i7-5930K Processor (6-cores, 15MB Cache, Overclocked to 3.9 GHz with Turbo Boost)

Windows 10
DirectX - 12

GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
tq.linux (2/27/2015)
Hi!Wink

I think the cause of the trouble is a check of the "SubD Infomation".
Please don't check ”SubD Infomation" and challenge once again.

+1

I had crashes too with that option checked.

--
guy rabiller | GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
"N.O.E." (Nations Of Earth) Sci-Fi TV Show, Showrunner.

45thdiv
45thdiv
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Well it did not crash 3DXchange - that was good. Wen it opened all the bones and such were as they should be. Still I could not rename the "rootnode" to something I could use, like DAZ Gen2 Girl.

But at least this is a step in the right direction.

Thanks

Matthew

PC stats:

Windows 10
DirectX - 12

animagic
animagic
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Once in iClone, you should be able to rename RootNode to anything you like and then resave.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

45thdiv
45thdiv
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks I'll rename in iClone then. It's odd because I have renamed props that I have brought into 3DXchange. Just can't understand why characters can not be renamed. It's just odd that's all.

Matthew

PC stats:

Windows 10
DirectX - 12

Reading This Topic