Profile Picture

Very Disappointed in the currently advertised iClone 6 future - Mocap system in particular

Posted By Ascensi 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Very Disappointed in the currently advertised iClone 6 future - Mocap...

Author
will2power71
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 days ago
I am definitely interested in MOCAP, but I wasn't really thrilled with the Kinect. When I saw that Reallusion was partnering with Noitom, I couldn't pass up the opportunity. I have been following them all the way from their Kickstarter Campaign along with PrioVR. To me, camera motion capture just too clunky. I am not doing this for pre-vis, but I want to the motion to be as accurate as possible. Legacy will offer the ability to capture hand motion as well --which was more than enough for me to justify the purchase of such a system when it becomes available. No more frozen handed animations!

Seriously, though --the Kinect by itself just didn't yield the results that I wanted, so I'm content to wait for the new system and save my pennies. I spent all this money on IC6 and Pipeline, it would be ashamed to hobble it by not getting mocap where it needs to be.
GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
will2power71 (2/27/2015)
I am definitely interested in MOCAP, but I wasn't really thrilled with the Kinect. When I saw that Reallusion was partnering with Noitom, I couldn't pass up the opportunity. I have been following them all the way from their Kickstarter Campaign along with PrioVR. To me, camera motion capture just too clunky. I am not doing this for pre-vis, but I want to the motion to be as accurate as possible. Legacy will offer the ability to capture hand motion as well --which was more than enough for me to justify the purchase of such a system when it becomes available. No more frozen handed animations!

Seriously, though --the Kinect by itself just didn't yield the results that I wanted, so I'm content to wait for the new system and save my pennies. I spent all this money on IC6 and Pipeline, it would be ashamed to hobble it by not getting mocap where it needs to be.

+1 here
I have the exact same impression about Kinect and the exact same expectations about Noitom, especially about the hand motions. Not sure yet how many devices iClone or its plugin will be able to handle though (read how many persons can be mo-captured at the same time).

--
guy rabiller | GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
"N.O.E." (Nations Of Earth) Sci-Fi TV Show, Showrunner.

Rouster
Rouster
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (525 reputation)Veteran Member (525 reputation)Veteran Member (525 reputation)Veteran Member (525 reputation)Veteran Member (525 reputation)Veteran Member (525 reputation)Veteran Member (525 reputation)Veteran Member (525 reputation)Veteran Member (525 reputation)

Thanks for the info I don't know what I'm doing Smile
But you are using a regular Xbox 360 is this correct?
Rouster
Rouster
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (525 reputation)Veteran Member (525 reputation)Veteran Member (525 reputation)Veteran Member (525 reputation)Veteran Member (525 reputation)Veteran Member (525 reputation)Veteran Member (525 reputation)Veteran Member (525 reputation)Veteran Member (525 reputation)

Using the trial Mocap Device Plugin and windows SDK Beta 2
wanted to make sure it would work on the 360 before I puy any money into it.
And thanks for your time in helping me with this.

Reading This Topic