Hello to everyone

Posted By will2power71 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
will2power71
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
Hello Everyone!

My name is Will and I'm brand new to Iclone 6, but not brand new to 3D. I had been working in multiple 3D packages, but I got my start in DAZ studio and Poser. I like do to much of my modeling in Silo and Cinema 4D but I also use Modo from time to time. Zbrush is my friend and I use it a lot for morphs and fine adjustments. I have not done any animation to date, but that's about to change.

I got started in this because I did want to do animation as a hobby. I really loved DAZ studio, but I was getting frustrated with the lack of advancement in their software, and the lack of animation tools that made any sort of sense. At the time, I thought Poser was even worse when it came to working in scenes. I had seen Iclone a long time ago, but I didn't like the render quality for the type of work I wanted to do, so I put it on the shelf. I've watched them grow and add features and I was almost ready to buy last year with Iclone 5 but I wasn't relishing the idea of having to export to another application for realistic clothing.

But it really seems that Reallusion goes out of the way to listen to what we want because just about every objection I had to getting the software is being addressed. I didn't like the Kinect MOCAP but I knew I wanted to animate with motion capture. Imagine my surprise when they announced they were partnering with Noitom Perception Legacy --which I first learned about on Kickstarter a while back.

Even with that, I was going to wait to see the pricing of the system and in the mean time I was looking at Substance Designer. When I saw that it was being incorporated into Iclone 6 I really had no excuse not to, and so here I am. Hello Everyone!
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Hi Will,

Welcome to the family!! BigGrin

I can't wait to see what you create!

Cheers! BigGrin

mark
mark
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Hey and welcome!!! Always good to have more in the mix!BigGrinBigGrinBigGrin

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

colour
colour
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Welcome the Forum Will Smile

You can't go wrong with iClone, with your pedigreeWink

Not too sure about MOCAP, though Ermm Waste of time, effort & money. iClone has More than enough Character Animation "Tools" at your disposal Smile

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REALLUSION FORUM ANNUAL PINHEAD COMMUNITY PROJECTS.

New Pinhead Website & Project to be announced in September 2015

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited
9 Years Ago by colour
momillis
momillis
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Hi Will.

Welcome to iClone 6 and the forum.

You'll have to get some of your work in the Marketplace to fund your hobby. An idea you'll probably like. It would interesting to see what you come up with for iC 6.

Mo'

- Mo' Millis  
Official Mo' Millis | Music & Animation

American rock musician and award winning songwriter.
3D photorealistic album art, posters, and tee shirt prints 
for independent artists.
Founder and composer of Scene Music. Certified animation content DEVeloper.

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
Welcome to the family, Will.

You'll have questions, but a lot of fine people will be here to support you.

Good luck, and have fun.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Reading This Topic