FILE IMPORT ERROR

Posted By Waaaaaazup 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Waaaaaazup
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I have 3dxchange version 5.51 standard installed.

I have installed 3d551Mul-Full-Patch.exe

I have installed 3dx5 repair tool for ic6.exe

If I try to open an iprop it says file import error.

Any ideas?

Thank you!
Edited
9 Years Ago by jknight_20140321140632181
Cricky
Cricky
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Skype ID= learn.iclone

Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
jknight_20140321140632181 (2/10/2015)
I have 3dxchange version 5.51 standard installed.

I have installed 3d551Mul-Full-Patch.exe

I have installed 3dx5 repair tool for ic6.exe

If I try to open an iprop it says file import error.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

Yes, here's a thought.

iClone 3dXchange5 will NOT read a item version stamped iClone6. It will send to it, but does not allow a return trip once saved by iClone6. The version stamp makes that impossible.

This has been stated a few times on the forum and I wish this question and others like it would be part of a PINNED thread that answers the same repetitive questions over and over as a FAQ forum that does not allow posting just answers and searches for repetitive questions asked.

The majority of this posting is for the moderator(s).

SKYPE ID: rc.650

http://city.reallusion.com/store/ModuleExpand.aspx?id=GS634545170497417354&mdid=18866

http://city.reallusion.com/ContentTag.aspx?tagname=Cricky&AuthorID=20081020688550191201#]Reallusion Store Content

" If I had Alzheimer's (Old Timers), would I know it? "
45thdiv
45thdiv
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

I will second that idea of a searchable FAQ. I know I have tried to find information on a topic before I even post the question. I hate asking the same thing 10 other people have already asked. If you do make a FAQ, please make sure it is version released. For a new user like myself, it is frustrating to find an answer to my question, but it is for iClone4. Yes, I can extrapolate the concepts for iClone6, but some times with the new UI, the translation is not one to one. Even some of the naming conventions seem to be altered or missing.

Matthew

Matthew

PC stats:
Intel Core i7-5930K Processor (6-cores, 15MB Cache, Overclocked to 3.9 GHz with Turbo Boost)

Windows 10
Graphics card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 graphics, 8GB
Memory - 16GB Quad Channel  DDR4 at 2133MHz
DirectX - 12

256GB SSD 6Gb/s main HD + 4TB 6kRPM SATA 6Gb/s Storage

Waaaaaazup
Waaaaaazup
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Hmm... haven't I seen at least two patches to get it to work with iclone 6?!

What am I missing here?

Why in the world would they make 3dxchange 5 not work with the new product????

Thanks for the information!

Reading This Topic