Got sold the wrong version of 3Dxchange

Posted By dannybrightonline 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
dannybrightonline
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I called realillusion the other day and talked with someone who told me I could import Daz and sketchup models using the basic pak. I saw the thing about FBX but heck I'm a noob and didn't know what that was. ANyway needless to say it doesnt work with Daz because it's not pro version. I had the money saved aside to buy pro but was told I didn't need to.

KInda miffed now as I can't afford to upgrage...what should I do? WIll realillusion maybe make it right and upgrage me? I'm not being a cheap person I'm just on a fixed income and wish I had bought pro version but with someone telling you basic was ok.....

What should I do now? I'm buying things as I can afford them but this is a setback kinda...lol

Danny Bright
wires
wires
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
Hi Danny,

I would contact customer service and ask for a refund - they have a 30 day money back policy. Who did you talk to at Reallusion? Their own published comparison chart on 3DXchange clearly states that the standard version does not support FBX.

Make sure that you give the name of the employee who provided you with the wrong information.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

animagic
animagic
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 10 hours ago
I really wished RL would stop selling the Standard version of some products. For anything but the basics they are inadequate.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

hattori kun
hattori kun
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Its easy to get a refund. I refunded 3dx pro in less than 3 days.
Just fill out the form and send it to RL.

wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
animagic (2/9/2015)
I really wished RL would stop selling the Standard version of some products. For anything but the basics they are inadequate.

oddly I found iC3 and 4 STD along with 3DX2 quite good on my old laptop for fun animations in which I could still use DAZ props.
Anything more would have been wasted given its humble specifications.
Got annoyed everytime I asked if something could be sold in store that worked in it without needing pro that content creators insisted I should buy pro, hell once I did along with a new desktop I did not need to buy their stuff silly wads as I could import it myself after rigging from Carrara. w00t

hattori kun
hattori kun
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
hello wendy. BigGrin

I saw you on the octane forums.
http://render.otoy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=42973&sid=284cac3fe5c41c33a9fed6d82a6acc85

Maybe you can ask the daz octane developer to do an iclone octane Wink
I asked the lightwave octane developer but he's fully loaded this year doing the arnold plugins.
wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
maybe once Reallusion releases a SDK someone can do it Tongue
I am largely ignored on that forum and it is a graveyard anyway,
you have given me an idea though, I have the Carrara plugin as well as DAZ one, must try iClone exports in it!

a quick go

Edited
9 Years Ago by wendyluvscatz
Peter (RL)
This post has been flagged as an answer
Peter (RL)
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
dannybrightonline (2/9/2015)
I called realillusion the other day and talked with someone who told me I could import Daz and sketchup models using the basic pak. I saw the thing about FBX but heck I'm a noob and didn't know what that was. ANyway needless to say it doesnt work with Daz because it's not pro version. I had the money saved aside to buy pro but was told I didn't need to.

KInda miffed now as I can't afford to upgrage...what should I do? WIll realillusion maybe make it right and upgrage me? I'm not being a cheap person I'm just on a fixed income and wish I had bought pro version but with someone telling you basic was ok.....

What should I do now? I'm buying things as I can afford them but this is a setback kinda...lol

Danny Bright

Hi Danny,

Sorry to hear of your problems.

I think there may be some confusion over the term "models". You can certainly export Daz and Sketchup props and convert them for iClone using 3DXchange 5 Standard. This can be in OBJ, 3DS or SKP formats. What you can't do is convert Daz characters in FBX format with the Standard version.

So if it is characters you wish to convert and animate in iClone, then you can request a refund for the Standard version. Just contact Customer Support and they will help you out with this.

http://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/User/QForm.aspx

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

45thdiv
45thdiv
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Hi Peter,

I have 3DXchange Pipeline and I can not convert DAZ characters using FBX format. They all come over as a prop. I don't seem to be able to convert much of anything from DAZ to iClone6 via 3DXchange5.

I know you are working on this and I will wait for it, but I wish you would not imply that you can with something better that 3DXchage 5 standard. I just read that statement and shake my head.

I will be happy when you release the 3DXchange6 so that I can bring over DAZ characters, animations, and such into iClone6.

Thanks

Matthew

Matthew

PC stats:
Intel Core i7-5930K Processor (6-cores, 15MB Cache, Overclocked to 3.9 GHz with Turbo Boost)

Windows 10
Graphics card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 graphics, 8GB
Memory - 16GB Quad Channel  DDR4 at 2133MHz
DirectX - 12

256GB SSD 6Gb/s main HD + 4TB 6kRPM SATA 6Gb/s Storage

Reading This Topic