Profile Picture

How are Others Using Iclone 5 Content in Iclone 6?

Posted By VES 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Kalex
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
Yes indeed, I had in mind to change the cpu when I get more money lol, but... will it solve the problem of compatibility between .iprojects ...?
colour
colour
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Ather (1/10/2015)
Yes indeed, I had in mind to change the cpu when I get more money lol, but... will it solve the problem of compatibility between .iprojects ...?

1) IMO, You'll probably need a new MOBO for a Quad Core CPU.

2) IMO - Not necessarily

There are several Posts re; problems with Importing iC5 Projects into iC6, for which there have been some Forum User's Fixes.

I don't have iC6. However; if you do, it pays to read all Posts related to iC6.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REALLUSION FORUM ANNUAL PINHEAD COMMUNITY PROJECTS.

New Pinhead Website & Project to be announced in September 2015

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

toppro77
toppro77
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (557 reputation)Veteran Member (557 reputation)Veteran Member (557 reputation)Veteran Member (557 reputation)Veteran Member (557 reputation)Veteran Member (557 reputation)Veteran Member (557 reputation)Veteran Member (557 reputation)Veteran Member (557 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
As I continue to use Iclone 6 I keep running into more problems. I am glad I still have version 5 installed but my problems concern both versions now. Once I install any new content it goes into the version 6 file folders. If I want to use this content in version 5, forget it! Once it is installed in 6 I cannot use it in version 5. I get error messages telling me to use the latest version.
I think this stinks. I should be able to use content in any version I choose.

as to the Chuck and Gwynn avatars in version 6, when I click on move forward they do not move at all but I get an error message telling me that certain files are not in the correct folder. I copied everything over from version 5 in the same way. By the way, these same avatars will respond to the walk forward command in version 5 so the animations are in the correct folders or they wouldn't work in either version.

I just downloaded a few trail versions of clone cloth for Gwynn. They load fine in version 6, however there is no way to modify the clone cloth with my own textures. I see no option to open my photo program to texture anything when it comes to clothes. When it comes to modifying other contents textures, I cannot do that either because version 6 will not allow my photo program to open. I am using Photo Impact for my editing. It works fine in version 5 but once I open anything in version 6 I cannot open it in version 5, so if I want to now modify these clone cloths in 5 they do not show up in my content folder since they were installed in version 6 by the downloader. I sure hope they have patches coming soon that will rectify all these problems with this new version. It does a lot of great new things but the old simple stuff cannot be done in it and it's frustrating. I am glad I didn't waste my money on buying the clone cloth for Gwynn because I would not have been able to use it.

I have contacted support but I won't hear back from them for about 4 days. Anyone else having these problems? Any solutions you know of?
tooronja
tooronja
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (216 reputation)Junior Member (216 reputation)Junior Member (216 reputation)Junior Member (216 reputation)Junior Member (216 reputation)Junior Member (216 reputation)Junior Member (216 reputation)Junior Member (216 reputation)Junior Member (216 reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Ather (1/9/2015)
Thanks Mark for the answer.
I must say it's been a week that I haven't find a solution for this, and of course I can't use iclone 6...
I've been carefull not to import .vns files in those projects, but it never works. Also, when I directly import an .iprop file into iclone 6, it does recognize it, but doest not load the project after saving, always "failed to load the file", when there only is one prop and no .vns or animations. I've tried this with all the props of the "metro city" pack, and also all the props I've made myself, there's nothing to do.
What I'm trying to understand is if this is a problem of my computer or software or if this is a more general problem, in which case I'll have to wait for an upgrade.

I had the same problem with .iprop of city dowtown Metro areas, and i fix it exporting files as fbx from 3dxchage, and import them again, finally export them as props iclone6.
animagic
animagic
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 10 hours ago
@toppro: Depending on how you install, there should be options to install in other versions, provided that these versions are installed on your machine.

When using the downloader, there should be a link stating "I want to install in another version". I'll double-check, if this is still the case.

When using the exe installer, a dialog will come up that allows you to check into which version you want to install. For example, I have iClone 4, 5, and 6, so I get three options to choose from.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
this just reminded me of a strange bug I encountered yesterday

I double clicked an item to import to iclone 6 from the content panel, i got a not compatible error .....I dragged it in ..it worked heh!

Reading This Topic