Profile Picture

Reallusion Support & Management Crisis: A Sneak Peak?

Posted By jasonpweber 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Bellatrix
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Of course...
...if a software company doesn't respond to very specific technical questions during a post-launch madness period
...if they're based in a apparently god-forsaken corner of the world called Taiwan, they must be operating from a sweatshop basement.
...if they're yet another exotic East Asian company with US rep office serving other dubious setups like TechSmith....

One would thus conclude that they must be real shady and on the verge of flying off into the deep dark night after seducing and exploiting poor game devs with their sexy softwares!!

That, is only logical... Smile

Actually all this angst come across more like passion. Thin line, between love and hate...

IClone is just one of RL's product lines. Most expensive, but I think Crazytalk series have more "market penetration". Also, a shady company won't have the same dedicated employees who serviced a noisy forum for the last 3 to 4 years.

I left IC5 behind 2 years ago, decided it was more a game than a production app - not because it was a lousy tool. It has clear demographic target, and it was just not for me.

Today IC6 still has frustrating prosumer issues, but I trust that they are being worked on because of clear solid evidence of solid beefy 3DX5 version upgrades. Also, on recent return I instantly recognized 4 names still posting and doing their job as dedicatedly as ever. A bit overtaxed in manpower probably like typical "cutting edge tool" dev teams, but solid foundation, I have no doubt. I don't even know where they found the time to do all their recent videos.

But yes, still I want more more more official videos please. Tongue

It's time to tease people with 3DX6 already anyway. Keep the children pre-occupied...do it like Maxis:The Sims, always ship with character customization and clothing workshop so the users will invest their creative energy elsewhere while the tech people iron out the bugs.

Etc...

>>> Indie Generalist modeler-rigger-animator <<< Hardware: AlienWare i7-HK 32G GTX1080 2T-SSDs BenqSW320 Wacom-Intuous 3Dconnexion ||| Software: IC6 Pipeline - CTA3 Pipeline - ATK2 - Indigo ||| Zbrush4R8. Blender 2.79. DazStudio 4.9. Carrara. Poser. Octane.

Edited
9 Years Ago by Bellatrix
Darren01
Darren01
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
Reallusions does have a lot of short comings as far as support goes and the product isn't always as polished as we'd like it to be. And I agree, it does get frustrating at times.

But I look at it this way. It's a very small company, that sells a good product very cheap (in comparison to other decent complete animation software).

If RL were to employ more support staff, setup a proper administration centre etc, then the cost of the product would also need to increase significantly. I'd rather RL keep the likes of iClone affordable for hobby enthusiasts like myself and just bite the bottom lip when support maybe isn't as good as it should be.

And as the others have said, fortunately for us (& RL) there is a very helpful and knowledgeable community here always willing to help out where they can

Reading This Topic