Profile Picture

I am using Windows and only have 1 voicemode

Posted By ReneChapman 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
ReneChapman
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (187 reputation)Junior Member (187 reputation)Junior Member (187 reputation)Junior Member (187 reputation)Junior Member (187 reputation)Junior Member (187 reputation)Junior Member (187 reputation)Junior Member (187 reputation)Junior Member (187 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Hi,
I am a newbie and trying to get a video down for a huge conference. When I do the text to voice option, my voice mode drop down menu only gives me the ANNA option.
Now I am using Windows as I do not have a mac. Is this the only option? I just wish I could get rid of the robotic sound.

Also, can I record via a windows PC?
colour
colour
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
ReneChapman (1/25/2015)
Hi,
I am a newbie and trying to get a video down for a huge conference. When I do the text to voice option, my voice mode drop down menu only gives me the ANNA option.
Now I am using Windows as I do not have a mac. Is this the only option? I just wish I could get rid of the robotic sound.

Welcome to the Forum Smile

1) Microsoft ANNA Voice is a canned Digital Voice.

2) You can Record your own voice to a WAV PCM Audio File, using a Free Voice Recording Program. (Link to be added) & Import that into iClone. I have & frequently use it.

What out for any Adware it tries to Install (Adware; because it's Free).

ADDED - Disregard that. There's a new Version with Adware that's very difficult to not Install. Depends where it's Downloaded from. If I find a Download that isn't difficult to Install, I'll Post.

Google; Audacity & Goldwave. Both Free, but have a learning curve. I have Goldwave. Others have Audacity.

3) You can Morph your own voice using several Aliases, using MorphVOX PRO. Link to be added. I & some others have it.

ADDED - Link: http://www.screamingbee.com/product/MorphVOX.aspx.

You need a Microphone for all of the above Programs.

There are other TTS Voices, but they all cost Money, plus the Program to Run them.

Anyone-else?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REALLUSION FORUM ANNUAL PINHEAD COMMUNITY PROJECTS.

New Pinhead Website & Project to be announced in September 2015

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited
9 Years Ago by colour
animagic
animagic
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
The voices that are available in iClone and other RL products are those installed in Windows.

There used to be more by default, but now it's just Anna, as Colour mentions.

There are vendors of TTS products, but they have very restrictive user agreements, more-or-less prohibiting using the voice in animation when published in any form (e.g., YouTube), even if it's a hobby.

I use an online service, www.acapela-box.com, that doesn't have those restrictions.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

LPW1974
LPW1974
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
colour (1/25/2015)
ReneChapman (1/25/2015)
Hi,

Welcome to the Forum Smile

1) Microsoft ANNA Voice is a canned Digital Voice.

2) You can Record your own voice to a WAV PCM Audio File, using a Free Voice Recording Program. (Link to be added) & Import that into iClone. I have & frequently useit.

What out for any Adware it tries to Install (Adware; because it's Free).

ADDED - Disregard that. There's a new Version with Adware that's verydifficult to not Install. Depends where it's Downloaded from. If I find a Download that isn't difficult to Install, I'll Post.

Google; Audacity & Goldwave. Both Free, but have a learning curve. I have Goldwave. Others have Audacity.

3) You canMorph your own voice using several Aliases, using MorphVOX PRO. Link to be added. I & some others have it.

ADDED - Link: http://www.screamingbee.com/product/MorphVOX.aspx.

You need a Microphone for all of the above Programs.

There are other TTS Voices, but they all cost Money, plus the Program to Run them.

Anyone-else?

I am also new and want the voices from the drop down list that see to be available for free with the program. It's absolutely important to me as they are american accents, which is what I want.

Surely there is a patch or something?
thebiz.movies
thebiz.movies
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.1K reputation)

Real voices are always going to sound better than electronic ones. If its an entertainment type of tale you are working on consider http://voiceactingalliance.com/. If its a commercial/business type of venture consider hiring an actor at fiver.com.

Realistically buying a 20 dollar mic (or using the voice memo function of your iphone) and recording your own voice (as well as that of friends and family) is going to sound better than a computer generated voice.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c02c75f8-9ae1-4091-b8e9-2175.gifhttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/4c56836b-f19d-4836-8a16-6370.gif

LPW1974
LPW1974
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Thanks, that's great...but:

1. I want the voices that are supposed to come with the program.

2. I want American accents (which are supposed to come with the program)

3. I don't want to pay anyone as I've just purchased the program that is supposed to come with the voices.

So, what I want to know is how do I get the voices that are supposed to come with the program?
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
LPW1974 (3/27/2015)

3. I don't want to pay anyone as I've just purchased the program that is supposed to come with the voices.

So, what I want to know is how do I get the voices that are supposed to come with the program?

Where does it list the voices that are "supposed to" come with the program?  (iClone, I presume.)

The TTS (text-to-speech) in iClone is a "capability" that depends on other applications to actually generate the speech.

Each version of Windows, going back to XP at least, comes with one, maybe two voices, and they seem to change with each version.

I, too, wish iClone included several voices, but it doesn't.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
LPW1974 (3/27/2015)

I'm not sure where you have heard that voices come with the programs. No text to speech voices come with any of our products. Our software just use the voices that are already installed on your computer. By default this will be one to three depending on your operating system.

If you are looking for a variety of voices and languages, then why not take a look at our "TTS On Demand" service. This is an online service and doesn't require installing anything. You just pay for the length of the audio you generate.

http://tts.reallusion.com/

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic