Submit Your Wishful Features after iClone 6

Posted By Visconti 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
jann
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
GIF-animation export!
animagic
animagic
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 21 minutes ago
grabiller (1/22/2015)
|WISH| Gives G6 A Proper Life Time

I agree with that one.

The content published by Reallusion for G2 and G3 characters was far more comprehensive than what was ever published for G5. I'm talking about outfits for everyday characters, for example, such as various professions, etc. The 3rd-party developers did a good job catching up to an extent, but that is of course an extra expense.

It would be great indeed if RL could make the G6 characters future proof and good and versatile enough so that we don't have to rely on importing from other programs if we don't want to. 

There should standard also be more variety in ethnicity than we have now. Maybe a character generator such as MakeHuman that creates standard characters. And perhaps a FaceGen plugin...w00t

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

hattori kun
hattori kun
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Position constraint and Rotation constraint with world and local, dynamic on/off. Is there in Iclone?
The link, attach and look at constraints in Iclone is nice but these other two constraint types are also useful. All serve different purposes.
pmaina
pmaina
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
++1 on all requests above. I have read all the replies to this thread and support all the requests. The quality of requests is impressive.

I want to add that the features should be in 6.x rather than "iClone 7" as a reward to the iclone community for helping fix bugs in iclone 6; for helping chart the evolution with intelligent contributions; and last but not least, for their unwavering loyalty.
pmaina
pmaina
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)

My feature request will focus on boosting robustness. You cannot genuinely label any software "PRO" if it isn't robust enough for professional use:

1. Can we have an "Undo log"? Saving time-stamped undo points into a file so you can undo any action at any point in time - even after closing and re-opening the project/iClone. Configurable to balance resource usage.

2. Auto-saved backups or recovery points (configurable). We all get caught up in the "flow" and forget to save - especially when unleashing our most creative work. In case of a crash it hurts to lose everything. Hours of work that may never be redone exactly as it was. remembering to save impedes the flow of creative juices!

3. Bug tracking "extranet' system - accessible by registered users only. I clone is growing to the point that forums are not only inadequate for bug reporting & tracking but grossly inefficient and not very customer friendly.

Been patiently waiting (for years now) for iClone to reach the level where it can be a true "PRO" tool that can be trusted for demanding, time-sensitive projects. Hoping we can see that happening in 6.x lifetime. Guaranteed it will transform this beautiful software from hobbyist / cult tool to into something that will truly disrupt the global animation industry.

Fingers crossed... Smile
Edited
9 Years Ago by pmaina
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
+1 for pmania's post. especially the bug reporting, it would be nice if we could report bugs from a panel right inside iclone that gets sent to an organized / bug database for the developers. IMO - this will greatly ease the stress from the support team allowing them to focus more on solutions than sorting and categorizing the problems - many man hours saved.

Game developers used this effectively with thousands of gamers and it helped them hone in on bugs very fast.

things with preset topics. ie - a drop down list -
example

select issue -
rendering
content
auto-save
file management
etc

twitter sized comments - 140 characters.

attachments - (direct x reports )

pmaina
pmaina
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

...Also requesting a default Man/Woman/Child "native base character" for every major ethnicity.

Alphabetically...

1. African
2. Arab
3. Asian
4. Caucasian
5. Indian

Ethnic variety in Skin, hair and eyes is urgently needed please, especially now that we all want to do realistic renders with indigo!

Ideally as a free resource pack for registered iClone6 users.... Releasing a content pack is unfair because the Caucasian content is free - why not for other ethnicities? Smile
GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
pmaina (1/26/2015)
../..Been patiently waiting (for years now) for iClone to reach the level where it can be a true "PRO" tool that can be trusted for demanding, time-sensitive projects. Hoping we can see that happening in 6.x lifetime. Guaranteed it will transform this beautiful software from hobbyist / cult tool to into something that will truly disrupt the global animation industry. Fingers crossed... Smile

I'm exactly in the same situation and I have exactly the same expectations.

But over the years I've realized that what seems obvious - that iClone will evolve, little by little, from a hobbyist tool to something really 'pro' - may not be that obvious after all and that this is probably not the primary goal of Reallusion. Their primary concern is to make money and there are a lot more hobbyists than pros out there, yet hobbyists tend to buy more content.

I understand that and I respect that. Like you I've been patiently waiting for years. Good surprises came from v6 though with a lot of new features that raised the bar. But still little signs that clearly show going 'pro' is not the primary concern of Reallusion.

One way to help solving that equation - that is helping pros making iClone more suitable for their projects while not disrupting the evolution of iClone geared towards hobbyists - would be to 'open' it a bit through a SDK. This would allow us to add needed features, implement workarounds, choose alternate solutions, etc.. But here too I understand that releasing a SDK would require quite some work. There is already Lua scripting in iClone though, but Reallusion does not want us to have access to it yet (patiently waiting for years on this one too), despite the 'Lua' menus all over the place. And it's unclear how this will evolve as Reallusion does not communicate about this.

--
guy rabiller | GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
"N.O.E." (Nations Of Earth) Sci-Fi TV Show, Showrunner.

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
I've actually requested more pro options as well.....but being that I'm half noob - half demi-god.... I see it would have to be 2 ui's - It's not conceivable to mix a pro UI with a noob UI.

GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.8K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
planetstardragon (1/27/2015)
../..It's not conceivable to mix a pro UI with a noob UI.

I disagree. It is perfectly possible to have both kinds of GUI, it is a simple matter of hiding advanced elements and controls, and propose several types of "Layouts", this has been done before successfully in other softwares.

Yet the move to QT for the GUI in iClone6 is definitely a "pro" move and will allow much more flexibilities in this area. I really like it. (granted iClone will be able to save Layouts with windows having negative coordinates! Blink )

--
guy rabiller | GOETZIWOOD STUDIOS
"N.O.E." (Nations Of Earth) Sci-Fi TV Show, Showrunner.

Reading This Topic