Posted By Cricky 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Arrow
Cricky
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Skype ID= learn.iclone

Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Not finished all testing, but a development in progress.

It works with a few controlling factors which I have ironed out the procedure for, but not as refined as I would prefer just yet.

This version is using the original car material which gives more visual effects to the car than a checkerboard pattern. Still available and still working since iClone4 is the Mechanics Toolkit. It can be a pain to learn, but it's the pain that gives you gain.

For the new users, there are tools that help you animate, you just have to find them, or create them.

http://www.reallusion.com/contentstore/iclone/pack/icar_bodyshop/index.aspx

SKYPE ID: rc.650

http://city.reallusion.com/store/ModuleExpand.aspx?id=GS634545170497417354&mdid=18866

http://city.reallusion.com/ContentTag.aspx?tagname=Cricky&AuthorID=20081020688550191201#]Reallusion Store Content

" If I had Alzheimer's (Old Timers), would I know it? "
Edited
9 Years Ago by Cricky
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
pioneer, innovator, genius and all around nice guy for sharing these new developments!!

Nice work!! w00t

mark
mark
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Wow wish I had this capability/skill back a year or so when I was doing my car-crash scene!!!!Tongue

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

Lost Filmmaker
Lost Filmmaker
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 10 days ago
This soft cloth really a game changer
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Being able to pin with a weight map makes a huge difference in usability!

That is a cool use of soft-cloth!Smile
Tarampa Studios
Tarampa Studios
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Wow cool fx!... But I know what you mean by icar being a pain to learn...

e.g. their "easy" 4 step plan, says:
A. Use Wheel_Tools to make the wheel an iprop.
B. Load the chassis, and align the wheels to the correct position automatically.
C. Use the Spring_Tools to complete the car assembly.
D. Change the iCar Texture to Custom Paint Texture...

but let's just equate that to the "simple" process of making a cake, shall we?:
1. Use ingredients_tools to make the cake.
2. Load the cake into a tin and align the oven automatically.
3. Use a spring pan to complete the cooking process.
4. Change the texture of the cake by adding icing...

oh, goodie. Now we're all experts who can bake our cakes and eat em too, LOL...

Seriously tho, many thanks for the tutes... I'm still trying to find a walk-thru that shows each step click, by click tho, so any suggestions for links would be greatly appreciated

BigGrin

Anita, aka "Bleetz" the Toon Wrangler @ Tarampa Studios
SYS: Win 8.1,  64-bit, i7-4770 CPU @3.4GHz,  
32GB RAM, Intel(R)Graphics 4600 & nVIDIA GTX1060 TI 

Edited
9 Years Ago by Bleetz
Cricky
W00t
Cricky
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Skype ID= learn.iclone

Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)

Bleetz (2/16/2015)
Wow cool fx!... But I know what you mean by icar being a pain to learn...

e.g. their "easy" 4 step plan, says:
A. Use Wheel_Tools to make the wheel an iprop.
B. Load the chassis, and align the wheels to the correct position automatically.
C. Use the Spring_Tools to complete the car assembly.
D. Change the iCar Texture to Custom Paint Texture...

but let's just equate that to the "simple" process of making a cake, shall we?:
1. Use ingredients_tools to make the cake.
2. Load the cake into a tin and align the oven automatically.
3. Use a spring pan to complete the cooking process.
4. Change the texture of the cake by adding icing...

oh, goodie. Now we're all experts who can bake our cakes and eat em too, LOL...

Seriously tho, many thanks for the tutes... I'm still trying to find a walk-thru that shows each step click, by click tho, so any suggestions for links would be greatly appreciated

BigGrin

The Step By Step is shown here as a User Manual

It works as long as you don't skip a step and take it slow the 1st few times... I've done so many automobiles using it, I can do it blindfolded; more or less !! Smile

http://city.reallusion.com/store/ModuleExpand.aspx?id=GS634545170497417354&mdid=18866

http://city.reallusion.com/ContentTag.aspx?tagname=Cricky&AuthorID=20081020688550191201#]Reallusion Store Content

Tarampa Studios
Tarampa Studios
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)

haha, yeah thanks... that quote actually came from that page of the manual... I've read it til my hands were full of hair in frustration and my eyes are nearly permanently cross-eyed.

Maybe I need a higher dose of coffee, or try another day when I'm not distracted by deadlines, but I still think I'd see the magic of how it works much faster and easier if there was a step-by-step somewhere in the Uni of Youtube.

BigGrin

Tarampa Studios
Tarampa Studios
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hey guys, may I please pick your brains with a quick question that's so basic, it seems stupid, even to me?

(With apologies if I've posted this in the wrong forum...) 

Coz I think I've found why the instruction manual for icar has been confusing me...

Situation: I need to build a CUSTOM car, and Step C1 of the manual for Custom Cars says [on page http://www.reallusion.com/ContentStore/iClone/pack/iCar_BodyShop/Help_Make_a_Custom_iCar.aspx ]... that I need to rotate the model around Z by 90Degrees...

but then when I open and load the Wheels_Tools, they appear at 90 degrees to my car, as if the model should have stayed at 0degrees, as it does in the other instruction manual page that we discussed above for standard iClone iCars...  

Either way, this makes step C7 of the Custom Page a bit ambiguous, because it says "place the wheels to appropriate locations..." but it doesn't say which way to face the wheel tools on the other side of the car... I mean, sure, it *seems* logical that all of the arrows should be turning towards the front of the car when the tools are merged with the wheels... but that's not what it says... it says to merge them all the same as the first wheel and *then* align them with the body... and that means I have to turn the merged wheels around on the passenger side which makes them look like they'll be spinning backwards...

So can somebody please clarify;

Are the wheel tools for the *right* side of the vehicles supposed to be aligned like A or B in the following pic...?

Edited
9 Years Ago by Bleetz
Cricky
Cricky
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Skype ID= learn.iclone

You're reading way too much into this.

Just make sure the Car is aligned so that when you choose the "FRONT" camera in the iClone Viewer Screen, you are looking at the Hood/Nose?Front of the car.

When you look at the Wheels/Tires from the same camera (FRONT) you see the tread. From the front of the car your Left Front and Left Rear tires face out to the right and reverse that for the Right Side. In other words, what do you see when you look at any car that uses four wheels on the street? Make yours look like that.

The wheels have to be centered before importing them into iClone, and before they can be attached to the wheel tools.

You only need 4 - Two face the left of the car and two face the right side, then you attach to the appropriate wheel tool, LF = Left Front LR = Left Rear, etc.

Reading This Topic