3d scan with icone 6

Posted By pgibouin 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
pgibouin
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hi,

Here is a quick render inside iClone 6 of a human face scanned with a 3D scanner (treated inside ZBrush before iClone rendering)

Pierre
Attachments
Face_export2.png (197 views, 486.00 KB)
Face_export3.png (172 views, 592.00 KB)
Face_export5.png (156 views, 528.00 KB)
Face_export4.png (183 views, 639.00 KB)
pgibouin
pgibouin
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Here is a turntable animation of the scan (made with iClone 6 by changing the Z value of the prop on the timeline).

To answer some questions, the scan have been made with DAVID SLS 1 system, then treated inside ZBrush, mainly for cleaning the mesh and then imported to iClone 6 via 3DXchange for rendering.

Pierre
Attachments
faceic3.zip (59 views, 1.00 MB)
pgibouin
pgibouin
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

And now, the same 3d scan rendered by Indigo with a natural bronze texture... Woaw ! Such a great quality !!

Pierre
Attachments
Metal Face3.jpg (159 views, 140.00 KB)
Metal Face.jpg (151 views, 126.00 KB)
Metal Face2.jpg (131 views, 122.00 KB)
Metal Face6.jpg (144 views, 139.00 KB)
Grimhilda
Grimhilda
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Thank you for showing these excellent scans.

I wonder how it happened that the hair was missed out? Did you choose to delete that section of the scan?

Did the person being scanned need to sit for a long time?

Did you buy the Laserscan ready-made or did you build your own? I read about this two or more years ago and forgot about it. I seem to remember that you can build your own.

Sorry about the questions, but one moreSmile - how do you plan to use it with Iclone?

I imagine the final mesh the scan produces could be re-topologized (in 3d Coat, perhaps). So it would be possible to scan a real model made in clay, re-topologize and rig it.

Or perhaps take it into Sculptris for further work.

Thanks again for showing these scans.
pgibouin
pgibouin
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I'm glad you liked the work.

The hairs unfortunately are not easy to scan because of the texture and the dark color. It is usually necessary to cover dark objects or some parts of the body wich are naturaly dark like the hairs with white powder like talc. It's also because of that you often see people scanned wearing hat or cap to solve easily that problem.

The scan itself is not that long, it takes around 3 minutes for 4 scans of the face (covering around 180°).

I have the DAVID SLS1 system, this system is ready to use from the manufacturer. It's now replaced by the SLS 2 with a better camera and video projector but the principle is the same. A video projector projects black lines on the object to scan, thos lines are analyzed by a specialized software to recreate the 3D object in OBJ format.

The produced OBJ are very heavy in polygons, you need to clean them with Zbrush or 3DCoat to get something lighter and more usable.

iClone is perfect for fast rendering and the last version brings a very good quality, easily. It's also very easy to create nice turntables of objects, for better viewing of 360° views.

Happy Christmas to all,

Pierre

Grimhilda
Grimhilda
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Thanks, pgibuin, foranswering my questions.

I'm away from home for Christmas, otherwise I would have replied earlier.

I think this kind of scanning could be utilised in many ways with iclone. For example, a scan of a rock taken from the garden could become a cliff-face in a video.

It's interesting that a re-arranging of the mesh is required because of the topology of the scan - that is the kind of information that is useful when considering buying the kit.

Thanks again and have an enjoyable Christmas.

I must go now.
Sepiasiren2021
Sepiasiren2021
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
That is beyond cool

http://www.luvmultimedia.com

Reading This Topic