IClone Crashes Upon Exporting

Posted By william.carey30 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
mark
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 hours ago
Through the years I've had problems with projects suddenly not loading. EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING!!! My problem seemed to be with certain plants from the Biosphere Collection.. for some strange reason one day they worked and the next they didn't. I'm guessing it could have been a Microsoft update of some sort who knows. I did discover that I could load the same project into the 32bit version of iClone and they worked fine. A month or so ago I suddenly noticed that the projects were loading just fine into the 64bit version....oh so strange...but now they're loading and working great...go figure!Smile

One really weird one was... I could load a Toon avatar into iClone 64bit but it would crash when I tried to add an Accessory to the Toon. Of course it worked just fine in 32bit. Now all is working fine...it was so weird!Wink

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

Edited
10 Years Ago by mark
rgreenidge
rgreenidge
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
I haven't had crashes in a few years. When I did it was with big projects, or believe it or not when I had a big avatar like the Samba girl with a billion feathers. 32 bits did not work great for big projects, and the ones I saved and that didn't open again until I added the 32 bit 4 GB extension program that was on this website, and that program bought my machine to use almost it's full 4GB memory. I deleted the iClone 32 bit icon, because it's just like me booting up in Win 7- 32 bits for what? Since I increased my memory to 16 GB, and I wanted to go to 32 GB for iClone 6, I have two problems Windows 7-64 Home version only handles a max memory of 16GB, and my Asus Mother Board only handles a max of 16GB, so unless I swap MB's with this one and buy Win 7-64 Pro, I'm stuck with a max of 16 GB in my iClone computer. Swapping won't be easy, I only have 6 cores here, 8 cores on my iClone 'puta and I would want to swap the CPU too. There are also a whole bunch of programs that'll be thinking I pirated them if I swap motherboards, the CPU, drivers etc. You mentioned your use of the 32 and 64 bit versions, but not your memory size. There is no point of really using the 64 bit version if you have less than 4GB of physical memory. Maybe the virtual memory settings might help, but if you're going to use big projects, and some of my sets are loaded with avatars. Like Peter said, the number of my avatars were never limited, the project would just not load or render if I added too many before iClone went to 64 bits. After it went to 64 bits, my big projects never had those problems, and the computer or iClone never told me it's running out of resources, where some others might, it will just stop, freeze, or take along time for you to do the next thing after you clicked for something. If you have a big project, at least 8GB and 64 bits is a must. Once I increased to 16GB of physical memory I can add avatars for days so far, (as long as it's not the samba girl with her feathers) without the saving, loading and rendering failures. At one time I was afraid to add another avatar to a project, and when I did, I saved the project with the suffix A-Z, after each one. And when it failed to load save or render, I used the last saved project with the previous lower suffix. In other words I saved after each new avatar was added, and loaded a few times, rendered and didn't delete or overwrite the last few ones until I was sure the thing worked 100%, and then to the next scene or location. I created a lot of my own props sets using iClone exchange and Google Sketchit? And to knock off a lot of wasted memory, I had to clean up lines, on the backsides of objects etc., that no one would see but it still used the memory. If I made a multi-roomed, or leveled building. I went back into Sketchit, and deleted all but one room at a time, and saved each room alone, so that I would have more memory to spare for the avatars. Why use your resources for something that's not seen. Like if you make a house on a beautiful block with all kinds of street objects; make a copy, then delete all the outside stuff, so when the people walk indoors, you switch to the other saved house minus the street or street props. That's some of the things I do to save memory. If people can't see the objects in a scene, then get rid of them, until it is needed. If ya can't see it, delete it.

Home built; ASRock X570 Pro 4, AMD Ryzen 9-5950X CPU, AMD RADEON RX6900XT, 16GB video card, 131GB of RAM.

Reading This Topic