What is the best way to make a custom avatar for iclone

Posted By crashyjunk 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
that means to not add any more faces than it already has. Sculptris can model without adding faces ..... you don't need to buy anything else to do basic stuff.

The faces are the little triangles or squares you see on the models ....iclone has an exact number that it adheres to for it's standard characters. so you can model as long as you don't change the amount of triangles. Move the triangles, just don't add any more.

animagic
animagic
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 12 minutes ago
If I remember correctly there's a setting in Sculptris telling it not to add faces. I think by default it does. I've run into that and then iClone will no longer accept it.

Another thing to be aware of: make sure that the position of the mesh itself in Sculptris stays the same. Otherwise when you replace a head for example, weird things happen. Speaking of the head or any other part, make sure not to change the seam, i.e., the part that touches another part. So while reshaping the head, you want to preserve the vertices of the neck.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 54 minutes ago
In the Sculptris modeling screen, look kind of in the center of the tool across the top. There is a slider called "Detail [Q]". With this slider set all the way left, there will be no sub-division. That is what you want.

Also, do not use "symmetry". It will either fail or jumble your vertice order. Very bad!!
crashyjunk
crashyjunk
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (388 reputation)Senior Member (388 reputation)Senior Member (388 reputation)Senior Member (388 reputation)Senior Member (388 reputation)Senior Member (388 reputation)Senior Member (388 reputation)Senior Member (388 reputation)Senior Member (388 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
oh thank you you guys are so awesome for helping me BigGrin
crashyjunk
crashyjunk
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (388 reputation)Senior Member (388 reputation)Senior Member (388 reputation)Senior Member (388 reputation)Senior Member (388 reputation)Senior Member (388 reputation)Senior Member (388 reputation)Senior Member (388 reputation)Senior Member (388 reputation)

Well iv'e tried everything i don't understand what i'm doing wrong. took off the semmetry detail [q] is all the way to the left but when i try to import the mesh into 3dx5 it says

replace model failed
please make sure that the mesh you wish to replace has the same number of vertices as the selected mesh.

I love sculptris wish i could use this great tool you guys have been a lot of help i appreciate it.

There's and idiot on board unfortunately Crazy

Well i did buy avatar tool kit hopefully i can use it to make my little bear and make the lips move when he talks I got a 1000.00 into this stuff and haven't even made the avatar i want
Well thank you guys so much anyway hopefully i get this brain kick started again ...
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
nah, it's not your fault, sculptris and 3DX5 can be ...for a lack of a better word ...moody ?

Not sure what causes it, sometimes I wonder if a part of the mesh is stretched out too much and damages the weight map. It works, and there is a threshold of how much it works, the problem is there are no clear lines as to what that threshold is, especially when doing extreme changes. This is one of those unfortunate scenarios where you have to do it 1,000 times to get a feel for what will work or what wont work.

crashyjunk
crashyjunk
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

You Guys are Awesome for helping so quick i love this community. Well i Imagine one day i will be on the other side of this I wish i had a time machine so i could go there and come back and make some youtube video's hehe well thank you. I will keep trying Smile
Fantasy-Raider
Fantasy-Raider
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (525 reputation)Veteran Member (525 reputation)Veteran Member (525 reputation)Veteran Member (525 reputation)Veteran Member (525 reputation)Veteran Member (525 reputation)Veteran Member (525 reputation)Veteran Member (525 reputation)Veteran Member (525 reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Be that person that does such amazing work on an etch-a-sketch that everyone wants one! BigGrin

I'm sorry but i just have to pinch this and use it as a sig!

It reminds me so much of something said to me after showing them my first attempt at wood carving, all those years ago.
ME - "What do you reckon on this?"
SHE - "You did that? What with?
ME - (very confused) "With a piece of wood! ... Well,... a log actually,..... oh and a sharp knife ... ?...
SHE - "OMG, i have to have this kit, what is it called and is it expensive?"
ME "Well, i dont know what to say except: It was very cheap!"

Tia BigGrin
Be that person that does such amazing work on an etch-a-sketch that everyone wants one!

Reading This Topic