Using FaceFilter on Retina iMac Bootcamp

Posted By steveatesh 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
steveatesh
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (612 reputation)Veteran Member (612 reputation)Veteran Member (612 reputation)Veteran Member (612 reputation)Veteran Member (612 reputation)Veteran Member (612 reputation)Veteran Member (612 reputation)Veteran Member (612 reputation)Veteran Member (612 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 10 Years Ago
I'm trying to use FF3 on a Bootcamp Windows 8.1Pro partition on my retina iMac. NB - this is not a virtual machine.

I got it installed and activated no problem and it runs when clicked But the menu items and controls do not react well to the hi DPI of the retina. They are unusable because the font and buttons and sliders do not scale to the hi DPI environment.

I can get an image into it to use FF3 but its no good if I can't use the tools!

I've tried fiddling with the screen resolution but it makes no difference what i run it at, the menus and tools are not adapting and are unusable.

Is there a way of using FF3 on a Retina or other Hi DPI screen please?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 3 hours ago
Sorry to hear of your problems with the display.

I was just wondering why you using the Window version rather than the native Mac OSX version. This may well give improved results on the Retina display. Perhaps you could try the Mac OSX trial version to test the results.

I would also advise contacting our Technical Support department using the link below. they should be able to advise if there is a workaround or planned update for this issue.

http://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/User/QForm.aspx

Thanks.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic