Profile Picture

Newbie Question: Actor looking weird on import

Posted By mike_2014111807102373 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
mike_2014111807102373
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (179 reputation)Junior Member (179 reputation)Junior Member (179 reputation)Junior Member (179 reputation)Junior Member (179 reputation)Junior Member (179 reputation)Junior Member (179 reputation)Junior Member (179 reputation)Junior Member (179 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 10 Years Ago
Hello there,

I'm using the trial version of CTA2 to test some stuff out before buying the software.
I bought a Santa actor (including some elves and backgrounds/props etc) from CartoonSolutions but when I import it in my scene it looks all messed up.

His head layer is behind his torso, i figured i could just switch the layers around to make it look right, and also his hands look all messed up and rotated, I think I might be able to rotate them while animating or even in the sprite editor but is this how it's used to be when importing a fresh actor?

But the struggle becomes real when I add an animation to my character. (note, its a G1 character, so i picked a 2D animation) I added pictures from how it looks when importing and how it looks after applying the running animation.

So, is this normal? Or is there a quick method or button to fix this?

Attachments
sandmanm
sandmanm
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I am a newbie with a problem as well. I downloaded the trial version of Iclone5. When I select an actor (G4 or G5) it comes into the window correctly at first then when it finishes the actor has body pieces that are attached to the center of the plane (red green and blue lines) . It appears stretched out toward the center. Did something go wrong with my download? Or a simple newbie mistake? Thank you for any help.
colour
colour
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
sandmanm (11/26/2014)
I am a newbie with a problem as well. I downloaded the trial version of Iclone5. When I select an actor (G4 or G5) it comes into the window correctly at first then when it finishes the actor has body pieces that are attached to the center of the plane (red green and blue lines) . It appears stretched out toward the center. Did something go wrong with my download? Or a simple newbie mistake? Thank you for any help.

Welcome to the Forum Smile

There were many problems with iC5 when it was first released, including your problem which affected many Users, including me. This was finally fixed in one of the 14 Bug Fix Updates.

IMO, there's possibly nothing you can do to fix it, without purchasing the current iC5 Version.

iClone 6 is currently under development with no confirmed release date. iClone 6 is a completely new re-write of iC5 with a number of changes "improvements" etc.

IMO, only the current iC5 version is usable. The choice is yours to either purchase iC 5.51 or wait for iC6, for which you "might" need to upgrade your PC Hardware to Run it.

I won't be Upgrading to iC6, because I don't need it for my particular Workflow. 

iC5.5 is now a good Program. iC6 is an unknown.

There "might" be some big iC5.5 discounts. There also "might" be a "Buy iC5.5 now & get iC6 Free" Offer. However, I don't see the point in learning iC5 User Interface & then re-learning iC6's amended User Interface. 

Anyone-else?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REALLUSION FORUM ANNUAL PINHEAD COMMUNITY PROJECTS.

New Pinhead Website & Project to be announced in September 2015

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sandmanm
sandmanm
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)

Thanks you for the fast and honest response colour! I am interested in iC5 and iC6. This trial version gives me some pause though. I may wait for a trial version of iC6 before purchasing.
animagic
animagic
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
sandmanm (11/26/2014)

A screenshot would help, because it is not quite clear to me what your problem is. As to iClone 6: I believe there is still an offer to get IC 5 when you buy IC 6, so you would have two for one.

There are work in progress videos that show some of the new features in IC 6; they are more than just cosmetic, so they shouldn't be dismissed outright.

Whatever version you decide on, make sure to get at least the Pro version, as the Standard version is too limited.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

sandmanm
sandmanm
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

animagic (11/29/2014)

A screenshot would help, because it is not quite clear to me what your problem is. As to iClone 6: I believe there is still an offer to get IC 5 when you buy IC 6, so you would have two for one.

I have pre-ordered IC6 w/IC5. I am still having the same issues with the full version. When characters are loaded onto the scene they always stretch toward the center of the scene. I can't figure out how to fix this.
Attachments
malfunction.jpg (143 views, 277.00 KB)
animagic
animagic
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Ooops! That doesn't look good at all!

My first thought is that indeed something must have gone wrong during the installation. I have never come across this with  iClone.

You could try to reinstall. First uninstall while being connected to the internet and then reinstall.

It might also be an idea to re-download, although I think that a corrupt download simply wouldn't install at all.

Questions:

1. What are your system specs, especially the graphics card? Are the drivers up-to-date? I don't think that would cause this problem, but it may help to know this.
  2. Does this only happen with characters?

It's a puzzle, but we have many smart people here, so this will get resolved.

colour
colour
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
animagic (12/4/2014)
Ooops! That doesn't look good at all!

My first thought is that indeed something must have gone wrong during the installation. I have never come across this with  iClone.

You could try to reinstall. First uninstall while being connected to the internet and then reinstall.

It might also be an idea to re-download, although I think that a corrupt download simply wouldn't install at all.

Questions:

1. What are your system specs, especially the graphics card? Are the drivers up-to-date? I don't think that would cause this problem, but it may help to know this.
  2. Does this only happen with characters?

It's a puzzle, but we have many smart people here, so this will get resolved.

That was "fairly" common problem with iC5.0, Job. See my first post.

OP has Trial Version & can't be fixed without purchasing current Version, IMO.

REALLUSION FORUM ANNUAL PINHEAD COMMUNITY PROJECTS.

New Pinhead Website & Project to be announced in September 2015

animagic
animagic
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Peter, I must have been lucky...w00t Or forgetful....Unsure Because I can't remember this problem.

Anyway, the current trial version seems to be version 5.51 according to the download page, which would make sense. A problem like that would not encourage potential customers.

I'm tempted to try this out. I have a spare computer I could use. Still, I think we need system specs of sandmann's system in order to determine what might cause this.

Edited
10 Years Ago by animagic
sandmanm
sandmanm
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

I did put in a support ticket yesterday so I may get an answer from the tech folks. This not only was happening on the trial version. I purchased the full version yesterday, uninstalled the trial version and downloaded the full version including latest patch. Everything besides the characters seem to be fine when added to a scene. All the characters stretch toward the center or at least have missing pieces. I will double check the drivers, but I think they are up to date.Here is a few specs:
Intel core i5-2320 CPU@3.00 GHz, RAM- 8GB, 64-bit.
Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 4300/4500 series, dedicated 512MB, DirectX 10.
Attachments
M2.jpg (132 views, 563.00 KB)

Reading This Topic