My iClone 6/7 Wishlist

Posted By gadget_anorak_prime 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Bellatrix
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Sifr (10/18/2014)
I said this in another post, the feature which matured into what we now know as the timeline used to be a separate plug in program, although free. Could you imagine setting up a great animation with a dummy model just to import it into iClone to see it sucks, then export the animation to fix the sucky part without the model that made it look sucky. Kind of pointless.

Subsequently, RL released 3Dxchange in it's place. It's logical to see why the two should be one, aside from price, it just makes sense let marketing figure out the most profitable way to sell it. Standard, Pro, Pipeline. Locked features ect. like Unity does.WinkCoolw00tw00tw00t

Like Unity, Poser, Daz3D, Vegas Pro, Indigo, Keyshot, Maya.....etc etc.

And guess what, all of the above "Light" versions have export options. Maya Lt, in fact, get the same export options as Maya.

IClone must be so special and indispensable in its sector, could afford to act indifferent and mute and let 3DX do all the external communication work with other pros.

The day Photoshop announces "To serve Adobe store, CS is no more, from now on, we have Photoshop Elements with ZERO import/ exportability! But the pros will get 2DXChange! 3 versions to choose from! Versatile! Everyone is happy! 2DXChange reads PSD and convert it to JPG! Even import SKP! Imagine all that new fun going in between! Two for the price of one!"

Photoshop will die overnight.

From a Pipeline type user like me, I really don't care if this Reallusion tool is called IClone or 3DXChange or Koombawa. However cool its animation features, an animation tool that demands that I click 24-30 times everytime I want to adjust my avatar's fringe, is simply unusable. That's it.

>>> Indie Generalist modeler-rigger-animator <<< Hardware: AlienWare i7-HK 32G GTX1080 2T-SSDs BenqSW320 Wacom-Intuous 3Dconnexion ||| Software: IC6 Pipeline - CTA3 Pipeline - ATK2 - Indigo ||| Zbrush4R8. Blender 2.79. DazStudio 4.9. Carrara. Poser. Octane.

Reading This Topic