A love story (sort of) for the Reallusion family

Posted By justaviking 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
justaviking
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
A recent discussion of the "uncanny valley" cause me to ponder a few things.  (https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic203532-13-1.aspx)  As is often the case, one thought led to another.

I decided to start a fresh thread.  Here is is...

Thank you for enriching my world

Working with iClone has increased my appreciation for numerous varieties of the animation craft.

I can better appreciate the amount of effort and skill that goes into a quality production, whether it's 3D (iClone) or 2D (CrazyTalk), and non-Reallusion applications too.

I now recognize, more than I did before, the contribution of ambient sound, music, sound effects, lighting, camera angles, editing... the list is endless.  It also makes me increasingly, and acutely aware of the shortcomings of my own projects, but I'll continue anyway.

My participation in this forum has also helped me appreciate artists' work in genres I wouldn't normally think about much; even crazy walking frog-royalty characters.  I can at least see the talent that shines through the result.  Sometimes it takes a few times to understand someone's style, but I've learned to embrace the variety too.

Sure, we all have our own favorite styles, and our own pet peeves, but we can still appreciate the work that comes out of this fine community.  People here are so supportive and helpful.  We critique the masters and support the newbies.  We give advice the newbies and praise the masters.

This community is one of the best I've ever encountered, and I'm pleased to be a part of it.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Edited
10 Years Ago by justaviking
mark
mark
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Well said!Smile

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Kiss

'It is literally true that you can succeed best and quickest by helping others to succeed.' -
Napoleon Hill

now read my signature....

Edited
10 Years Ago by planetstardragon
Peter Blood
Peter Blood
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Hear! Hear! (There! There! Tongue )

Cool pete

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d9f2ee62-c67b-4c8e-b3cf-4e36.png
http://www.youtube.com/user/peterblood50?feature=mhee
animagic
animagic
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 10 hours ago
Nicely put, Viking! You'll get there, I promise!

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

prabhatM
prabhatM
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Life must be inclusive. We can not form a Close Group and leave others on the margin. We can not claim to the total ownership of wisdom. It's an osmosis process. Let the knowledge flow.....both way.

I agree we must be tolerant of all forms. Animation and creative expression can come in (m)any form(s).

Here's a link to one of my writing that I did for a coffee table book on Kashmir. An NGO created a Poster out of one of the pages by adding a simple headline.

Hope it makes you appreciate the yearning in others.

Edited
10 Years Ago by prabhatM
wires
wires
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
I joined this Forum 7 years ago, and it is THE best one that I participate in.Smile

I wouldn't be where I am today with iClone without the help and shared knowledge provided by the great team here. CoolSmooooth

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

Reading This Topic