Profile Picture

CTA2 Pro - 2D Motion templates blocking voice lip syncing of 2D characters.

Posted By kirkshoe 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

CTA2 Pro - 2D Motion templates blocking voice lip syncing of 2D...

Author
kirkshoe
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (844 reputation)Veteran Member (844 reputation)Veteran Member (844 reputation)Veteran Member (844 reputation)Veteran Member (844 reputation)Veteran Member (844 reputation)Veteran Member (844 reputation)Veteran Member (844 reputation)Veteran Member (844 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I am working in CTA2 Pro with 2D character Alison and Lara with a customs heads. When I apply a motion template such as walk_female (Fwd), the voice movement is blocked (no mouth movement). If the motion template is applied 1/2 way through a voice clip, the mouth will move until the motion clip begins, then mouth movement stops. If voice clips are inserted after the motion clip, there is no mouth movement. Also the custom head bobs around and relocates into the chest or above the neck during a 2D motion clip. It is difficult to attempt to compensate with the 2D motion key editor to keep the head in the correct position during a motion clip.

I did a test with Alison with her original head and there is no problem with mouth movement or head location before or during or after a motion clip.

I work with 2D characters and custom heads 95% of the time and need to be able to use voice clips and 2D motion templates.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 1 hour ago
As the default Alison and Lara appear to be working fine, it seems the issue is with your custom heads. If you would like to send me a PM with a download link to your project or custom characters, we will happily take a look for you to see what the problem is.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

sbaum
sbaum
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
I seem to have the same problem...Saul character with custom heads and the lip sync doesn't work as soon as I apply an animation. Can you please help?
pompel_4
pompel_4
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hello
Sometimes have the same problem when I combine movements/motion and voiceclips. Could this be because the voice clip is at the bottom of the "ladder" or bottom of CTA`s priority (first 3D motion, so 2d motion and at last face / voiceclips? Thought you could not do anything about this?

TSS
pompel_4
pompel_4
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
.... i forgot to mention, i use heads made from photos (morp)
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 1 hour ago
@sbaum, @pompel_4,

If you are encountering a problem with CTA2 losing lip-sync when you add motions, please can you contact our Technical Support department using the link below. They will be able to help you with this.

http://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/User/QForm.aspx

Thanks.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic