Wishful Content

Posted By Peter (RL) 12 Years Ago
Rated 4 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
Sifr
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
Shame on Shaky and justaviking for being vets and not knowing the functions of the edit motion layer... and I'm still trying to figure out how to make a joint return to its original animation position in the next continuing frames after adjusting a keyframe in the animation.

Now to suggest a "kudos" content suggestion and maybe satisfy rampa's request, & at the same time mine as well.... oh to kill a mockingbird LLAL.Wink

You see, I recently purchased Toon Maker 1 & 2 combo w/free Avatar Toolkit 2 Builder, the builder is to be delivered on Sept. 26th... oh joy joy, can't wait to use it with my Maya LT subscription for bone map rigging; bear with me this has a "kudos" moment in here somewhere. So I noticed that in the Content Store RL categorizes Toon Maker 1 & 2 as plugins, but oddly Avatar Toolkit 2, Mocap Plug-in, and Facial Pipeline Character packs are absent from the Plug-in category. The latter, which will be my next purchase with this 50% off coupon I received after purchasing the Toon combo pack, has never been advertized as a plug-in to my knowledge, but being that it automates several 3dxchange pipeline import processes, like Daz automated lip sync and Maya Ik Game bone Template ect., which is what plugins do right?, automate; it should be considered a plugin as well. Or are these considered Content Developer Resources? The reason for the absence from the Content Store?
Anyway, I figure I'd start making some "Plugin" content with the Avatar Toolkit 2, being that Toon Maker 1 & 2 were made with the Toon Builder save the character body rig, hints the reasoning for my next purchase. With the purchase of these "Developer Plugins", and maybe Physics Toolbox Plugin, if it will be compatible with Physx in iClone 6, then I will have an almost seamless asset creation pipeline.

Anyway, back to my "kudos" content suggestion, I was studying the Avatar Toolkit 2 video tutorials in preparations to create "my plugins" for iClone and then it hit me like a bolt of lightning ( Pause)...... "like what?".... "like a bolt of lightning!"w00t I pondered, if the same bone mapping process the Avatar Toolkit 2 Builder uses to map accessories can (Pause)........ "wait for it""wait for it".... you ready for this one Rampa? Use the same mapping process in the Avatar Toolkit 2 Builder to map bone hierarchy in the body rig and make Avatar body rig controllers. In "pro" 3-D animation programs, and I use the term "pro" loosely, let's call them "Industry Standard" for fairness, because Maya LT is "Indie" and it has the ability as a stand for indie game asset creation industry; animation rig controllers are not uncommon and sometimes it's a necessity. Hopefully this matches the idea you were conveying Rampa, but if not, and if this is not already possible with "Avatar Toolkit2 Builder", which is not the same as "Avatar Toolkit Controller", which is a free end user asset; then I this is my content request.Coolw00t

Although I won't physically own Avatar Toolkit 2 until Sept. 26th (waiting with baited breath), So, I don't actually know if maybe it is already possible. Does anyone already owning Avatar Toolkit 2 " paid plugin" know if it is possible? Vidi?... Armstrong maybe?... Peter?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reallusion iClone & CC Pipeline --- Plugins: Iray HeadShot SkinGen.  CrazyTalk Animator Pipeline, CrazyTalk, Maya LT, Daz, Substance Painter Indie, Substance Designer Indie, B2M Pro+ Substance Live, Sculptris, Wrap, Unity, UE4, Perception Neuron ReadySmileBigGrinTongueWinkCoolHeheSmoooothCrazySatisfiedWowPinchExclamationAlienDiscussKissArrowSadAngrySickExclamationBlushWhistlingw00tw00tw00t
SurfaceBook 2 Windows 11 Pro 64-bit Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8650U CPU @ 1.90GHz -2.11 GHz 512GB Solid State Hard Drive 8GB RAM Nvidia GeForce 1050GTX
Dell  Alienware m18X R2 18.5" Custom Convertible Tablet Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit Intel Core I7-3840QM 2.80GHz Quad Core 8 Thread 3.2GHz Turbo 512GB Solid State Hard Drive+1TB X2 RAID Disk Drive 32GB RAM Nvidia Geforce GTX 680m 2GB X2 SLI Custom Multi-touch. Dagi capacitive touch stylus
Microsoft Surface Pro 2 10.1" Tablet Windows 10 64-bit Intel Core I5-4200U 1.60GHz 2.3GHz Turbo 128GB Solid State Hard Drive 4GB RAM HD 4000 Graphics Multi-touch Wacom Digitizer screen Surface Pen+Axiotron Studio Pen
Asus Vivo Tab 8" Tablet Windows 10 32-bit Intel Atom Z-3740 1.33GHz Quad Core 32GB Solid State Hard Drive 2GB RAM HD 4000 Graphics Multi-touch Wacom Digitizer Wacom stylus.

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Sifr (9/7/2014)
Shame on Shaky and justaviking for being vets and not knowing the functions of the edit motion layer... and I'm still trying to figure out how to make a joint return to its original animation position in the next continuing frames after adjusting a keyframe in the animation.

Yes, I hung my head in shame (and turned slightly away in embarasment).  Blush

It's no defense, but I do remember playing with the Edit Motion locks a long time ago when I was first exploring iClone, but hadn't had a need for them for many months.  Having merely explored them, but not actually "used" them for anything serious, they weren't part of my routine.  So while I was animating and gradually got deeper and deeper into the keyframing, I just kept on doing what I was doing, the way I was doing it, and was to busy see what was right in front of me.

I was stuck in a rut.

That's a risk we (or at least, "I") run when sitting alone in a room with nobody to walk by and slap you on the head and tell you there's an easier/better way of doing something.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

myless76
myless76
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (696 reputation)Veteran Member (696 reputation)Veteran Member (696 reputation)Veteran Member (696 reputation)Veteran Member (696 reputation)Veteran Member (696 reputation)Veteran Member (696 reputation)Veteran Member (696 reputation)Veteran Member (696 reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Yeah sometimes you can get lost in your own little world doing this stuff, the first way you learned to do it, and forget there might be a simpler/faster way to get something done!

Writer/Director of the feature film PLATO'S REALITY MACHINE
Featuring IClone animation
www.platosrealitymachine.com

bluemidget666
bluemidget666
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Hi peeps not wanting to be rude here but this thread needs a etcha sketch ending..

What content would people like to see developed ?BigGrin

I Make My Mates Do The CanCan For The Amusement Of Killer RobotsBigGrin
animagic
animagic
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
Thanks, blue!

I tried to point out that this is the wishful content thread several posts ago, to no avail...Unsure

As this is related to content, I would like standard ethnicity variations with the new avatars, in the way that MakeHuman has it.

I would also like a FaceGen plugin to create heads. This exist already for DAZ.

So basically, more built-in customization options for character-related content. 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

davidktimperley
davidktimperley
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)

Last time I was looking for Anime in the content library, I think the only decent models were of a J-pop girl band.
Much more quality Anime models and clothing would be nice.

I'd like to 'second' the call for 'whole of scene' weather.

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 48 minutes ago
davidktimperley (11/23/2014)
Last time I was looking for Anime in the content library, I think the only decent models were of a J-pop girl band.

You should look at Cellygon's avatars. He has a semi-anime style.

http://city.reallusion.com/store/cellygon
davidktimperley
davidktimperley
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)

rampa (11/23/2014)
davidktimperley (11/23/2014)

You should look at Cellygon's avatars. He has a semi-anime style.

http://city.reallusion.com/store/cellygon

Hay, thanks for the reply.

There is some nice stuff there but I'm thinking of a much closer Anime look...

This brings me to a content issue I was thinking about last night.
Often I can find what I'm looking for. I'm given 'tasters' of content but there isn't enough variation to be useful in a project.

For instance, these girl band members in this style is all there is. So unless I'm doing a basic music video, I'm screwed.
Where are the male characters? the old people, chubby characters, animals, etc?

davidktimperley
davidktimperley
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

animagic (10/28/2014)
Thanks, blue!

As this is related to content, I would like standard ethnicity variations with the new avatars,in the way that MakeHuman has it.

I would also like a FaceGen plugin to create heads. This exist already for DAZ.

So basically, more built-in customization options for character-related content.

Hummm, that's interesting. No ethnicity? How does iClone handle this aspect in Daz and Poser models?
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 48 minutes ago
Ethnicity from DAZ/poser models would come from the DAZ/Poser models, which can be imported through 3DXchange5 Pro.

For G5 and earlier heads, there is a lot of adjustment that can be done in iClone. You can also send meshes to other programs for re-sculpting if you have 3DXchange5 Pro.

That also opens up the availability of DAZ/Poser Anime characters, as well as any other skeletal biped avatars that you can get into FBX format.

We will know what can be done with G6 avatars pretty soon.

Reading This Topic