Posted By Snarp Farkle 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Crazy
Snarp Farkle
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 days ago
I'm having an issue with this one imported DAZ character where the feet, well mostly toes, move around in sync with the lips! (See Video)

http://youtu.be/J-HkHhk1Aa8

This same character continually sinks into the floor when loaded despite numerous attempts at correcting it in DAZ, iClone 5 and 3dxchange5. I finally just made corrections in iClone and saved the motion, but would like to know how to do it right for other imported characters with the same problem. I know I must be missing something simple to correct this, any help would be greatly appreciated. (See attachments)

Dell XPS 8900, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3408 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s), 16 GB RAM, - 4 GB GeForce GTX 745, NVIDIA compatible.
Acer Aspire V Nitro Laptop,  2.5GHz Intel Core i5-7300HQ processor with 6MB cache,  256GB solid state drive, 16GB Ram,  4 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics.

Attachments
talking_feet1.jpg (2.0K views, 85.00 KB)
talking_feet2.jpg (1.7K views, 70.00 KB)
Edited
10 Years Ago by giarbi
Snarp Farkle
Snarp Farkle
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Hmm... nobody wants to bite on this one huh? Tongue

Forget the sinking into the floor issue, I have a workaround for that for now, but this 'talking feet' issue has really got me stumped!

Don't be confused by me calling it 'talking feet', it was the only way to describe it as the feet move along with the lips! Every viseme, even the 'None', make the feet wiggle, not the high heels just the feet inside the heels! Really distracting and I don't want to just hide the feet in this instance, so if anyone has a clue as to why this is happening and point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it. Smile

Dell XPS 8900, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3408 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s), 16 GB RAM, - 4 GB GeForce GTX 745, NVIDIA compatible.
Acer Aspire V Nitro Laptop,  2.5GHz Intel Core i5-7300HQ processor with 6MB cache,  256GB solid state drive, 16GB Ram,  4 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics.

Cricky
Cricky
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Skype ID= learn.iclone

Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
giarbi (10/25/2014)
Hmm... nobody wants to bite on this one huh? Tongue

Forget the sinking into the floor issue, I have a workaround for that for now, but this 'talking feet' issue has really got me stumped!

Don't be confused by me calling it 'talking feet', it was the only way to describe it as the feet move along with the lips! Every viseme, even the 'None', make the feet wiggle, not the high heels just the feet inside the heels! Really distracting and I don't want to just hide the feet in this instance, so if anyone has a clue as to why this is happening and point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it. Smile

I'll bite.

I would venture a guess that during the facial editing process in DAZ, the feet were also selected, as in the entire model. When doing facial morphs inside DAZ, choose only the head, and it will likely solve your problem with the talking feet. Make sure everything related to poses is set to ZERO in frame one before doing morphs in subsequent frames...

If the model is wearing footwear in DAZ, then make sure they are firmly on the ground in a default pose (usually a T-Pose) and their feet are properly positioned for the shoes they wear. You can further adjust height and foot poses inside 3dXchange along with foot contact height when creating the character profile.

Also remember that just because it is a Model that is similar, as in Genesis, that because you did a profile for one similar model, it does not mean the same profile is a fit for like models; This includes face animation profiles.

SKYPE ID: rc.650

http://city.reallusion.com/store/ModuleExpand.aspx?id=GS634545170497417354&mdid=18866

http://city.reallusion.com/ContentTag.aspx?tagname=Cricky&AuthorID=20081020688550191201#]Reallusion Store Content

" If I had Alzheimer's (Old Timers), would I know it? "
Snarp Farkle
Snarp Farkle
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I'll bite.

I would venture a guess that during the facial editing process in DAZ, the feet were also selected, as in the entire model. When doing facial morphs inside DAZ, choose only the head, and it will likely solve your problem with the talking feet. Make sure everything related to poses is set to ZERO in frame one before doing morphs in subsequent frames...

If the model is wearing footwear in DAZ, then make sure they are firmly on the ground in a default pose (usually a T-Pose) and their feet are properly positioned for the shoes they wear. You can further adjust height and foot poses inside 3dXchange along with foot contact height when creating the character profile.

Also remember that just because it is a Model that is similar, as in Genesis, that because you did a profile for one similar model, it does not mean the same profile is a fit for like models; This includes face animation profiles.

Thanks Cricky for taking a bite!

Yeah I think you're right, I may have to 'unfit' the shoes and just parent them to the Genesis figure. I think the bones for the shoes are somehow being activated with the head when exporting to fbx. I was relatively new to both DAZ and iClone when I started with this character, I only recently decided to figure it out so I could use her in a scene.

It took me a month or more just to figure out how to get the shoes to fit the feet and the shoes and feet to stand on level ground in DAZ. Then after importing into 3Dxchange she would sink into the floor from the get-go!

I was successful in stopping the floor sinking with another figure by going frame by frame and zeroing out the translation X, a little tedious but better than starting over I figured. I'm going to try this method with this figure too after I investigate the shoe fitting first.

Thanks again for your reply Cricky, this forum is a wealth of information and a lot of good people!

Snarp Farkle
Snarp Farkle
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Well I've solved the 'Talking Feet' issue finally! BigGrin

I had thought I fixed everything involving the feet in DAZ, but when I brought her into 3DX and then apply to iClone after the normal routine, she still sank into the floor and the feet still moved with every visemine! Crazy

It was only after I sent her back to 3DX to check the visemines did I find the problem. I have always zoomed into the face when in the Expression editor, as I'm sure everyone does, but this time I was just doing a quick check and had the whole body in view... When I clicked on the EE visemine setting... the feet moved down! When I cleared the visemine the feet moved back to where they belonged! What the...? (See attachments)

And again when I clicked on the Eye Brow settings, the Jaw settings, the feet moved down again and when cleared they moved back!

This told me that there must be a foot morph that got sent over with the figure and low and behold there it was, in the Expressions list! (Sorry I didn't get a screenshot of that)

All I had to do was set that morph to 0 and all worked fine from there on in! The foot morph was one of many 'High Heel' morphs I had tried in vain to set the feet in the heels correctly. I had forgot to undo it and then locked the morph by mistake so it was added to the morph list when exporting to fbx.

No more sinking into the floor, no more talking feet! w00t

Attachments
Talking_Feet_Fix1.jpg (1.6K views, 194.00 KB)
Talking_Feet_Fix2.jpg (1.5K views, 189.00 KB)
Talking_Feet_Fix3.jpg (1.6K views, 184.00 KB)
Talking_Feet_Fix4.jpg (1.6K views, 190.00 KB)

Reading This Topic