iclone 64bit issues

Posted By rampart 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
rampart
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Working on project with timeline...65bit.

1) I added an avatar, it walked path and stopped. I selected the avatar and tried to use the rotate and move tool it would not do anything. I was trying to turn the avatar 90 degrees. This doesn't make sense to me, because I select other avatars in the scene and they will rotate and move.

2)When I use edit motion layer the program most often goes to all white screen and then it comes back sometimes, sometimes not. I have started saving project before I use edit motion layer everytime.

3)Sometimes the screen for the iclone page goes white. Then it comes back if I jsut wait.

colour
colour
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
rampart (10/21/2014)
Working on project with timeline...65bit.

1) I added an avatar, it walked path and stopped. I selected the avatar and tried to use the rotate and move tool it would not do anything. I was trying to turn the avatar 90 degrees. This doesn't make sense to me, because I select other avatars in the scene and they will rotate and move.

2)When I use edit motion layer the program most often goes to all white screen and then it comes back sometimes, sometimes not. I have started saving project before I use edit motion layer everytime.

3)Sometimes the screen for the iclone page goes white. Then it comes back if I jsut wait.

1) If Character's on a Path, it's Attached to it. IMO, you can only Move/Rotate the Path &/or the Control Points, via Edit Path / Right-Click on Control Point (I "think", without checking). Not the Character. You can also Rotate the Character via Follow Path Axis from eg; -y to y.

2) Sounds like a GPU issue. Doesn't happen here & I've never seen prob Posted before.

3) Same answer as 2). 

Anyone-else? 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REALLUSION FORUM ANNUAL PINHEAD COMMUNITY PROJECTS.

New Pinhead Website & Project to be announced in September 2015

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited
10 Years Ago by colour
animagic
animagic
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 10 hours ago
If the avatar is linked to the path and told to follow it, the path dictates the position and any rotation. So a move forward action will keep the avatar in place and you have to use the percentage setting to control the forward motion.

However, if you do a move forward of the avatar while she's positioned at the beginning of the path but without linking her to the path, you can actually rotate or move her. I just tested this and that is the behavior I found.

The other problem could be a display driver issue. I have that the screen is black for a bit when I return to iClone. Doesn't seem to be dependent on 32 or 64 bit.

Looks like Colour has beaten me in responding (I was away for a bit).

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

rampart
rampart
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
I had the avatar stopping at 100. then I tried to rotate. I put one extra step onto the motion track after the 100 and the rotate works.

Like yourselves I think memory is the issue, but I thought to post in case I could be wrong. Tomorrow I'm going to try quick shader, maybe that will help.

I'm reluctant to build a new system until iclone 6 is out for awhile. I noticed the posting about the requirements, but I've seen those kinds of requirements before...and they were barely workable. SO... I'll wait abit. If the workflow is too much to deal with as is: I will just quit iclone until IC6 is out.

No sense wearing out the one thing I really need. My good humor BigGrin

Thanks for the responses

Edited
10 Years Ago by rampart
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
IMHO, attaching your avatar to a path just makes using iClone much more difficult. Much easier to use Right-Click Move, and just click on the path you want the avatar to follow.

There are instances that I I have used it, like walking up a wall and across a ceiling hanging upside-down. In this case, having the avatar follow the orientation of the path points was how I managed to get the avatar upside down.

However, you probably discovered that to use the walks in the Motion Puppet, you need to attach the avatar to the path to make it move. Those walk cycles are "in place".

Trade-offs and complication either way, unfortunately.

Like Animagic said, your puppet can be gizmoed anywhere along a path if it's not attached to it.
animagic
animagic
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 10 hours ago
rampa (10/22/2014)
Like Animagic said, your puppet can be gizmoed anywhere along a path if it's not attached to it.

rampa, I actually learned that from you! w00t I used to think that you needed to attach the character to the path to have it follow it...Blush

Right now there are probably 100s of these kinds of tips on the forum...Unsure Things that you won't find in the manual.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Reading This Topic