Totalyl n00by Pipeline question here...

Posted By gadget_anorak_prime 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Crazy
gadget_anorak_prime
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (267 reputation)Senior Member (267 reputation)Senior Member (267 reputation)Senior Member (267 reputation)Senior Member (267 reputation)Senior Member (267 reputation)Senior Member (267 reputation)Senior Member (267 reputation)Senior Member (267 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hello,

Okay. So I've created a really cool scene with a 3D setting, a character doing a guitar solo motion, and of course a guitar that moves along with them (it's really pretty cool) because it's parented to the figure's hand. The question is -- how the heck do I go about "exporting" the ENTIRE scene back to 3DXChange, such that I can then export it as FBX? Is there a way to do this? I've tried using "Collect Clip," but all that seems to do is transfer the soloing motion over to a stock 3DXChange figure. Please help! w00t
Attachments
my_setup.PNG (80 views, 490.00 KB)
Edited
10 Years Ago by subgeniuszero
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Hi Sg, Smile

at the moment, 3DX doesn't export a whole scene - it exports parts BUT there are things you can do to make it a bit easier, try attaching parts together in iclone such as props ....then exporting that as one model to 3DX5 - you will have to re-assemble it in the other software, but this will hopefully cut down on the re-assembly process.

We just got the fbx export with the most recent update of 3DX5, and in the next version of Iclone, they are updating lights and such - so there is a possibility that the next upgrade of 3DX will have new export features. Its a small team and they have been improving the software sections at a time.

Cheers Smile

Reading This Topic