The Dragons Den

Posted By planetstardragon 12 Years Ago
Rated 3 stars based on 2 votes.
Author
bluemidget666
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Years Ago
I am not buying into renting ...
Sue if I shop around I'll find a american company willing to sell maya lt at proper conversion rates, that's how I bought Zbrush saving me £250..,

I Make My Mates Do The CanCan For The Amusement Of Killer RobotsBigGrin
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
wow, sorry you have to go through that much of a difference. that's no small difference in price either

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

New Trend happening:

There's a new kind of service popping up for content producers, it's called fan funding. it's really a "donate" button which is old news, but it's being made into a trend by coining it "Fan Funding" - so as a result you will see major corporations promote this great feature, so they can make a percentage of it - their marketing in turn will make the idea of donating to your favorite artist a nice and trendy thing to do. Else if producers catch on and do it themselves, these corporations wont make a cut - so it's trending! lol It's really how people perceive it that makes the difference, if you do it when it's not trending, it looks like begging and broke, if you do it when it's trending it looks like hopeful, trendy, and worthy of support! Trends and marketing are really nothing more than industrial carrots and sticks, but you have to recognize them to find where the corporate shepherds are rounding the sheep lol BigGrin

http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/09/01/youtube-now-offers-fan-funding-heres-look-works/

http://www.forbes.com/sites/hughmcintyre/2014/09/05/youtube-now-lets-you-donate-to-your-favorite-channels-with-fan-funding/

http://fanfunded.us8.list-manage.com/subscribe/post?u=561e755604a92535954bfae9e&id=b721f73aaa

and here are the help pages youtube started on the topic -

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6052077?hl=en

to really play along with this show, you have to package your channel to look like a product - follow themes that allow consumers to label you so they can describe your channel product as "Oh yeah, I know them, that's the person that _____your theme here ____, i love them!" which is really the essence of branding yourself / services as a product. The more specific, the stronger the marketing. Lot's of people are talented and cool, but in marketing you have to be a very cool ______ (insert label here)______

Perhaps I'll become a professional AniRhythmatologist™ ^.^ lol

Edited
10 Years Ago by planetstardragon
bluemidget666
bluemidget666
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)

Well it's a better approach to raising money then the creator of messiah is doing right now..

Think I caught your comments in setup tab ...

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

yeah, i suppose they have something in the works, but probably not as big as the emails elude to be, I ended up not taking the upgrade, as I don't see how 6 will make things better when part of the problem is lack of tutorials or a supportive community - I posted a simple question that got totally ignored. I did consider it though, as a back up to put on a flash drive - but in the bigger picture, not sure I want to invest more time in their approach to business and art. Especially now that so many other softwares are coming out, and older systems are going down in price. I would have hoped that they would have worked with our community, but they have other plans. I wish them the best. it was an interesting run, i hope I helped them make sales while I supported them! Smile

bluemidget666
bluemidget666
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I bought in on the off chance he delivers something good, if it's a flop I'm out ...
The email sounds too much like the one I got to upgrade to 6, a lot of promised but no real info ..

Anyway we will see ...

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

\w00t/

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

new hotspot for artists one of my twitter family just shared with me - http://www.touchtalent.com/

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

wow, I was nominated for a Shorty award, I was totally caught by surprise with this - I have no idea who or where, but making this post to say a big heartfelt thank you to whomever did it!! <3

Nominate AniRhythm for a social media award in the Shorty Awards! Nominate AniRhythm for a social media award in the Shorty Awards

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I just discovered this, from researching a motion graphics art style - I wonder how and if this can be used in iclone ^.^ - definitely looks cool for web design tricks! w00t

http://glslsandbox.com/

click on any image, to see the basic text code of that motion graphic....this is pretty cool - seems to tap right into the nvidia card without any special apps

Edited
10 Years Ago by planetstardragon

Reading This Topic