Profile Picture

Questions Iclon 5 vs Iclone 6 and more....

Posted By pompel_4 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
pompel_4
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hello
I am a CTA pipelineuser who just purchased Iclone 5 withe 3DXchange to get Iclone 6 free, but I think I read in another thread that there are such large differences between iClone iClone 5 and 6 and therefore it is not appropriate to learning iClone 5, but instead wait for Iclone6? Might be nice to know before I spend many long hours and nights learning iClone 5. (Alternatively, how big are these differences) Can 3dxcange be used with / for iClone 6?
Finally - when I bought CrazyTalk anima (and content) I received e-mail with the serial number and download links, etc., but when I bought iClone I received no e-mail? Is that normal for iclone products?

Thanks in advance
Sincerely TSS
wires
wires
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Hi pompel 4, and welcome to the iClone side of the house. Smile

First the answers to the easy questions.

You should have received a mail with the serial numbers for your products - they are required during installation. You can have them sent to you by selecting the products on your member page and clicking on resend serial nr.

We have been reliably informed from the highest levels that 3DXchange 5 can be used to convert models for use in iClone 6 - it can not be used to export anything from iClone 6.

And now for the hard question - to learn or not to learn?

If you take a read at the posts in this section you will see that iClone 6 will come with a new GUI and a whole bunch of new features. However getting the hang of adding items to a scene, applying motions to an avatar, moving and resizing objects in 3D space should help you get up to speed when ver. 6 is released.

Every new version of iClone has presented long time users with challenges, but a lot of the basics remain the same - and makes learning the new tools some what easier.

"Playing around" with iClone 5 while waiting for iClone 6 can only make things more fun - and there's a great bunch of people here only too willing to help you get up and running.Cool

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

pompel_4
pompel_4
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hello again
Thank you for the answer wires. I expect the learning curve will be steep anyway so might as well start to play with iClone 5. I got the serial number on the member page so I do not need it by mail. Just hope I get the message / email once iClone 6 has been released. (hope this goes smoothly).

Best regards to TSS
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
The UI has been redone, and is much more flexible in version 6, but it adheres to the same basic layout as version 5. The big difference there is where the 5 main windows are on the screen. In the default view, it is actually very similar to the current version.

AFAIK, this update is not bringing a host of new tools. We may see some refinements of existing tools, and a dope sheet is being introduced, but the existing tools should all be there and work the same.

So yeah, getting iClone 5 and 3DX 5 with the free update to 6 is a great deal. You will then be an owner of 3DX5 when version 6 of that comes out, so you can take advantage of a user upgrade price on that as well. I did that between 4 and 5and saved a bunch of money on 3DX5 that way.
rampart
rampart
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
If I understand what I percieve is coming..

Relevant search will help a lot. I watched the video on the new GUI again, and didn't realize the search wasn't based on Tags. Relevant search can be competent, if you have content items named properly with some relevancy included in the name of the files.

If you need a barrel, and there are a number of barrels included in many content packs. Barrel/s would have to be included in the file name to view barrel content item files.

IMO, the IC 6 may be one of the most important updates to iclone we have had since moving to iclone 4. There are people that know things about IC6, but are prohibited from saying anything. RL wants to retain the option to not release some items, if those items don't beta test out well enough for the IC6 release.

I know from the GUI and search features those of us that are producing videos on a regular basis will be exceptionally pleased.

Edited
10 Years Ago by rampart

Reading This Topic