Profile Picture

how to import 3ds head to iclone ?

Posted By werty20 11 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
werty20
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (274 reputation)Senior Member (274 reputation)Senior Member (274 reputation)Senior Member (274 reputation)Senior Member (274 reputation)Senior Member (274 reputation)Senior Member (274 reputation)Senior Member (274 reputation)Senior Member (274 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 11 Years Ago
hi
how to import 3ds max head to iclone character ?
i mange to make some modelling in 3ds max and want to use them @ iclone
thx
Edited
11 Years Ago by werty20
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
the good news, it's doable, the bad news, it's complicated.

if you can live with making a face with a pic of the face you want, that is the quickest and easiest way, but it's also the least accurate. you give up detail for that easy button. - Entry Level.

you need the 2010 3Dsmax to use the iclone to max plugin to have access to the advanced features of the iclone standard character. - advanced level with an advanced understanding of 3DSmax and developer technical papers - http://developer.reallusion.com/

if it's imperative you use your mesh on the character, the most accurate approach is to use another program to create a rig of the head and body meshes you want together and import that. intermediate - advanced level ( especially if you want facial animation ) - not limited to 3DS max

Then there's the head morphing approach - advanced level.

and there's the ghetto fabulous way, just import the head like a prop, slap it on a puppet and call it a day! - a crafty innovative noob who can't be bothered with rigs and technical detail can pull this off with a hilarious script.

Edited
11 Years Ago by planetstardragon
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

"Choices can be tricky" - Alien

Edited
11 Years Ago by planetstardragon
werty20
werty20
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (274 reputation)Senior Member (274 reputation)Senior Member (274 reputation)Senior Member (274 reputation)Senior Member (274 reputation)Senior Member (274 reputation)Senior Member (274 reputation)Senior Member (274 reputation)Senior Member (274 reputation)

Last Active: 11 Years Ago
thx for reply .. sorry for my english
i just start learning , most of the work from online tutorial
for the head i used this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNiXqvZU2aU
not using my pc now
=
i search for days about how to do realistic iclone face
most tut about using 3ds max or zbrush and import it to 3dx but as planetstardragon said " just import the head like a prop"
but see 2 good tutorial using facegen to make obj .. it will save alot of time and give texture

so very nob questions Blush
3dx -> head morph -> export
facegen - export
i will have 2 head but different shape
how i can apply facegen exported texture to this head ?
is there a way i can modify the shape " if i say it right " of 3dx head to match facegen head ?

sorry again but i try my best to explain what i mean
bunnymomma
bunnymomma
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (281 reputation)Senior Member (281 reputation)Senior Member (281 reputation)Senior Member (281 reputation)Senior Member (281 reputation)Senior Member (281 reputation)Senior Member (281 reputation)Senior Member (281 reputation)Senior Member (281 reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Hello, most skillful one! I, too, seek your help in attaching a FG head to an iClone5.5 body! Should I send you a pic of my FG head? I take things slowly and carefully so I can learn everything. You ARE most appreciated! BigGrin
vidi
vidi
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)

Here is a another trick and it works with FG Head of course too Wink

https://forum.reallusion.com/FindPost198962.aspx

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

Reading This Topic