Profile Picture

Upgrades

Posted By JessyInch 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
JessyInch
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (407 reputation)Senior Member (407 reputation)Senior Member (407 reputation)Senior Member (407 reputation)Senior Member (407 reputation)Senior Member (407 reputation)Senior Member (407 reputation)Senior Member (407 reputation)Senior Member (407 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Can I buy iclone 5 and always upgrade later or do I need to buy the upgrade every time there's a new version of Iclone?

What's the difference between an update and upgrade?
animagic
animagic
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
JessyInch (10/17/2014)
Can I buy iclone 5 and always upgrade later or do I need to buy the upgrade every time there's a new version of Iclone?

What's the difference between an update and upgrade?

An upgrade would be from one major version to the next, for example from iClone 5 to iClone 6. You can upgrade at any time. Upgrades are paid and are usually 50% of the full price of the software. So if the full price is $200, the upgrade would be $100. There is often a special offer also during the introduction of the next major version.

An update is a new release within the same major version, for example from iClone 5.0 to iClone 5.1. Updates are free within a version. iClone 5 had a long run and the update to 5.5 brought major improvements and additions, so that was a good deal for IC5 users.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 9 minutes ago
It is also within the time period close to iC6's release, so if you buy iClone now, you will get version 6 for free. This is pretty standard practice for many software companies.

iClone 5 Pro by itself is 199.95 with free upgrade to 6. You should at least glance through the other deals as well. If your wanting some content, or other software.

You can buy it from this link:

http://www.reallusion.com/iclone/14-ic6_preorder/preorder.html

Reading This Topic