Mirror, Mirror on the wall how do you?

Posted By fatbirdy 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
fatbirdy
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Hi again Cloners,

I need your help, How or is there a way to duplicate and mirror objects?

For instance a left hand object duplicated and mirrors to the opposite side.

Thank again.

Unimaginable Clones

Warning! A store you can't imagine shopping at

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/8574c1f1-a8bf-4a73-a56b-1a36.png

My PC Sucks..Sad

mark
mark
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
fatbirdy (9/30/2014)
Hi again Cloners,

Thank again.

May need a bit more info as to what you're doing. That said, you can duplicate a prop by holding down the CTRL key and grabbing the prop with the Gizmo and dragging. If the prop is Attached to an Avatar you will need to Un-Attach it to duplicate. If you are talking about "Mirroring" an Avatar pose we don't have a way at present to do that (that I know of)...Really wish we could mirror, make symmetrical or swap poses!! Wink

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

colour
colour
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
The Prop Multi-Duplicate Tool is a great Time-saver (See Screenshot). I use it a lot.

Duplicates automatically inherit the properties of the original & any Edits you make to it.. EG; if you add a Glow Map to a street light.

Screenshot:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REALLUSION FORUM ANNUAL PINHEAD COMMUNITY PROJECTS.

New Pinhead Website & Project to be announced in September 2015

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mark
mark
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Now if you are talking about "mirrors" there really isn't a good option in iClone at the present. There is a mirror prop floating around but it can be problematic at best using it in iClone. And water does a good job reflecting and mirroring but it can't be rotated to a 90 degree position.

Some folks go to the trouble of placing a camera in the position of a mirror, recording the action from the mirror's perspective, then mapping that video onto a "fake" mirror object...whew wears me out just talkin' about it!!!TongueTongueTongueTongueTongue

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
fatbirdy (9/30/2014)
Hi again Cloners,

For exmple, if you have an American car (driver on the left side) and you need to make an Australian car (driver on right - meaning wrong* - side)?

No, I do NOT think you can do that in iClone.

I'm pretty sure you'd have to export the object and use some modeling software to make the mirror image of the prop.

* I'm just teasing our Australian friends.  I had the opportunity to assess the performance of an Australian Ford Falcon a number of years ago.  It was really strange to sit in the "passenger side" and drive.  I was driving around in America, so at least I got to stay on the side of the road I was familiar with.

More strange, though, was to sit in what is normally the driver's seat (for me), and not be driving.  No steering wheel, nothing.  That was really weird, even worse than the driving was.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Edited
10 Years Ago by justaviking
fatbirdy
fatbirdy
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
OK, Thank You Cloners, I got the answer I was looking for.

I hope they will add a mirror tool in the future. 

Unimaginable Clones

Warning! A store you can't imagine shopping at

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/8574c1f1-a8bf-4a73-a56b-1a36.png

My PC Sucks..Sad

Peter Blood
Peter Blood
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
I would have to get pretty bloody with it by shooting the scene twice. Once normally and then, on the second one, put a green wall behind the character. Then in my video editor I would flip it horizontally, layer it on top of the first shot, and chroma-key out the green background.

You should end up with the character doing a mirror of himself. (Funny, but I kept visualizing doing this with Pinhead! Tongue )

I did this in my own little brain so it's susceptible to being a pantload of c**p until I test it, Doze but it sounds right to me.

Cool pete

On the color to use for the chroma-key be aware that the color green when used will also take away from any gold or brass color. So, if you have something like that, switch your background color to say magenta. (if you have no red. Wink )

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d9f2ee62-c67b-4c8e-b3cf-4e36.png
http://www.youtube.com/user/peterblood50?feature=mhee
Edited
10 Years Ago by peterblood

Reading This Topic