Hello There

Posted By Lost Filmmaker 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Lost Filmmaker
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 days ago
Hi, I'm Simon. I used to be a filmmaker but due to some life changing circumstances I've had to alter my plans. I still want to tell stories and believe that iClone is the best way to. I've been looking at it for months, but now with the release of 6, I think it's time to get into it.

I say that, I'm probably going to have to wait until November 9th until I can afford to purchase one of the deals. I think it's best to go for the contents pack offer but I'm not sure which ones I'll need. Any advice?

It may sound ridiculously ambitious but I want to reach the level of Final Fantasy. I know it's going to take a long time to achieve but I've got a lot of that now.
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Hi Simon,

Welcome to the forum!! It's a great community here with some seriously talented animators from all walks of 3D with pro experience in all walks of entertainment, so you will be in good hands getting the look you want! BigGrin

On what you should get and limited budget ? I totally can appreciate that!

What I usually opt for first are tools / plug ins and such which allow me to make more content.
Such as the physics plug in, the avatar toolkit 2...and other things of that nature. Also you may want to consider a collection of motions - you can get many for free on the net, but you can also find stuff in the market that you wont find elsewhere on the net.

The final fantasy quality, will ultimately be up to how for into perfection you wish to go with your work. Iclone allows it to be as easy as loading presets but also as open as using industry standard software to create assets to import. That rabbit hole goes deep too, so for now it's best to see what the store has, more than what you specifically want - over time you will learn to make the specifics with us on the forum.

Iclone also comes with a large library of assets as well by default, which is great for learning the basics in the software ...but over time you will want a signature to your art, and that will come from your custom work, not from simply buying the same characters and props everyone else can buy. Those lessons start about 3 months after you've gotten good with the basics of iclone.

Cheers! BigGrin

Edited
10 Years Ago by planetstardragon
gonzalezmurcelo
gonzalezmurcelo
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (244 reputation)Junior Member (244 reputation)Junior Member (244 reputation)Junior Member (244 reputation)Junior Member (244 reputation)Junior Member (244 reputation)Junior Member (244 reputation)Junior Member (244 reputation)Junior Member (244 reputation)

Last Active: 10 Years Ago
Hello

I am sure that you can make it that level with enough hard work. Good Luck!
Edited
10 Years Ago by gonzalezmurcelo
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Hi gonzalezmurcelo,

Welcome to you too! BigGrin

you are in great company on the forum, we have a few authors, teachers and amazing illustrators that will be able to help you out with ideas. Many of our members are both into Crazytalk and Iclone so be sure to keep up with the newest post on the forum in general to meet everyone.

You can do this by clicking on "recent posts" located on the upper right hand corner of the forum.

For specific crazytalk discussions, go to the home area of the form and look for the Crazytalk discussions and it's subforums.

Cheers! Smile

colour
colour
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Welcome to the Forum, Simon Smile

You'll find a lot of Video Tutorials by Reallusion & Forum Members.

However the question of "But where do I start?" still remains.

IMO, the best way to start (Others may differ), is to go through Stuckon3D's Free Video Tutorials, which cover iClone Basics. These are based on iClone 4, which don't include the many new Features in iC5.

Warlord's Purchase Tutorial Book also based on iC4 but with iC5 new Features added, goes into the basics in more depth, with his own Content provided for individual Project-based Tutorials.

Mark's advanced Free Tutorials cover specific "How do I do this" requests, in a User friendly manner.

TUTORIALS:

1) Stuckon3D

Here; https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic31003-33-1.aspx

2) Warlord:

Here; http://www.iclonebeginnersguide.com/

3) Mark's advanced Free Tutorials:

Here;
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLB19A9CF2BCAE5FAF

4) Reallusion iC5 Video Tutorials

Here; http://www.reallusion.com/iclone/iclone_training.aspx

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REALLUSION FORUM ANNUAL PINHEAD COMMUNITY PROJECTS.

New Pinhead Website & Project to be announced in September 2015

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited
10 Years Ago by colour
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Welcome, Simon.

Colour's post has a lot of great links.  You'll do yourself a service by looking into them.

What to buy on a budget?  My "minimal" suggestion is iClone "Pro" and 3DXchange.

• The Pro version gives you the control you'll need, and you'd end up yearning for it very soon anyway, so you might as well get it right away.
  • 3DXchange will allow you to import a zillion props, such as ones you can download free from Google Sketchup Warehouse.
  • You can buy iClone 5 now, and you'll get a free upgrade to iClone 6 when it's released (estimated sometime in December)
    • Final Fantasy quality?  We'll have to see what iC6 can do for us.
    • iClone 6 should have greatly increased visual quality over what iClone 5 has, but we're still waiting for some example videos (we've seen some props, but not an actual video with avatars and the new lighting module)

You're joining a great community of people who are eager to help each other do their best.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Edited
10 Years Ago by justaviking
mark
mark
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Hey Simon! Sounds a little similar to me. Been a cinematographer/director for about 40 or so years and love iClone. I can't always get the funding for some of the whacky tales I would like to tell but I can at least test ideas and stories to see if they will work on the little screen!TongueTongue

I would suggest you start small with simple scenes to get a feel for what you can do in iClone.
They are limitations but you can usually figure out ways around them. As far as resources...trust me, you'll want to buy out the store soon enough. You need to know a lot of objects (props) can be had for free over at Sketchup 3D Warehouse but you will need 3DXchange to be able to covert these objects for use in iClone.

It's fun!!!TongueTongueTongueTongueTongue

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

Lost Filmmaker
Lost Filmmaker
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Hi everyone, thanks for the support. I know I can't just jump in and make a masterpiece but dream big, I say.
Lost Filmmaker
Lost Filmmaker
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

So I've bitten the bullet and downloaded 5.51 Pro. Will I be able to load it on to a new pc when I get one?
steliosal
steliosal
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Hi everyone, Im a commercial director and a newbie with all the iclone world but very excited. I just bought content worth of 309 dollars (Physics Toolbox, Super Price Combo, MixMoves-Communication 200 + Digital Cast: Chuck & The Neighbors) and I'd like to make sure that I got the right content to be eligible for an iclone 6 with the indigo renderer.

Also is there a way to use the content with a previous version without having to buy it?

Thanx in advance!
Stelios

Reading This Topic