3dexchange to zbrush

Posted By peppie 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
peppie
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I sent a g5 actor to zbrush, her entire body, and she came back grey. like clay.
#1. Iclone 5.51 pro to 3dexchange 5.51 pro
#2. Export obj.
#3. loaded in zbrush in tools,import button then drew her then exported her then in 3dexchange I went to file/open loaded her and she looked grey like clay.anyone know of a tutorial or maybe where I went wrong.
vidi
vidi
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
#2. Export obj.
#3. loaded in zbrush in tools,import button then drew her then exported her then in 3dexchange I went to file/open loaded her and she looked grey like clay.anyone know of a tutorial or maybe where I went wrong.

That is the wrong way

You can only replace meshes if you want keep movability and textures

(shortcut V )

but note ! do not change the Polycount in zbrush

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

animagic
animagic
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 7 hours ago
To add to vidi's explanation:
  1. Select the mesh you want to modify and then on the right click Export Mesh. This will save the mesh as an OBJ file.
  2. Import the OBJ file in Z-brush. Make sure that NO scaling or transformations are applied. The mesh needs to stay in the same position and keep the same size.
  3. In Z-brush make your changes, but, as vidi says, DO NOT change the poly count.
  4. Save as OBJ in Z-brush.
  5. In 3DXchange, make sure the mesh you want to replace is still selected and then click Replace Mesh.
  6. Load the OBJ file you changed in Z-brush. It should appear with your changes and all textures in place.

I don't have Z-brush, but I do something similar with another program and it works fine.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

peppie
peppie
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Thanks you guys.It works perfect. Only difference is the final step in Zbrush.Instead of clicking the save button(whish is also in the TOOL menue) click EXPORT then a save will pop up. just let the name stay as it shows. Then in 3d exchange make sure the proper bone,file, such as Face or upper, as an example is highlighted, then click Replace mesh..Wow this is great.I will do her piece by piece in Zbrush.Also I wish to note, She is a cartoon made from g5 gwynn. I made her a face in facegen applied the face in iclone sent her to 3dexchange then did what you both told me. w00t

I wish to add this note: After making her a cartoon in iclone ,avatar proportion I saved her in Content MKanager,then reloaded her on the floor then sent her to 3dexchange,
Edited
10 Years Ago by peppie
kdaneja
kdaneja
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (270 reputation)Senior Member (270 reputation)Senior Member (270 reputation)Senior Member (270 reputation)Senior Member (270 reputation)Senior Member (270 reputation)Senior Member (270 reputation)Senior Member (270 reputation)Senior Member (270 reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Hi

I am facing a similar problem just cant seem to get it right!Crying

Attached link shows what i have been trying to do.

HELPPPPPPPPPP!!!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2JC8L6fmge5c0QxeTl2dnpoaHc/edit?usp=sharing

Cheers!
bluemidget666
bluemidget666
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
all you need to do is import your head mesh , sub divide it ctrl D a few times then paint your texture onto the subdivided mesh . once you have finished export your texture (remember to flip it on the V ) pring the texture into iclone ..Wink

this is a very old tut I did on the subject ...

I Make My Mates Do The CanCan For The Amusement Of Killer RobotsBigGrin
Edited
10 Years Ago by bluemidget666

Reading This Topic