Unreal Realtime Rendering

Posted By Magique 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Magique
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
mtakerkart (9/12/2014)
I don't know wich one but I think they forgot Unigine :

No, they didn't forget it. They just didn't think it was top 5. Notice how even CryEngine 3 didn't make the top 5. As far as Unigine goes, I've tried the Heaven demo and the frame rates are extremely poor. It's got some cool stuff, but doesn't compare in quality or performance with the others shown in that video. I was a bit surprised that CryEngine 3 didn't make the top 5 though.

Sifr
Sifr
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)

Last Active: 8 days ago
mtakerkart (9/12/2014)
@magique

May be it is because I'm too old but today I 'm not interesting-focusing about rendering , but story telling and characters emotions , All tools of geek engeeners focus on how to make "beautiful" rendering with artistic look, even if it take hard work but seriously it's boring me , 20 years I saw the same pooor story with sooo beautiful render (dixit booth UDK4 video). Why ? because it is in majority young people developping 3d technology when in majority is better to be beautiful before to be interesting Wink When I bought Iclone few years ago , I was like you , I initiate some threads about the iclone rendering ;-) but today , I have very acceptable realtime render, the only thing that is more important today in 3d is :
Easy facial mocap
Easy body mocap (I bought a neuron kickstarter).
Pixar and dreamwork make money with animation , not really with "the rendering...."
The day when the iclone animation area will be improved , I could make money with it Smile

Fluid animation is the key, look at traditional old black and white Disney animations from the 20's, they didn't rely on any fancy rendering techniques, just fancy animation techniques. IMO iClone is right on track, they are securing important standard integration partnerships with all the most widely used 3d software tools in the industry, to secure a long lasting solid foundation for the future. Substance, Physx, dynamic tessellation, new mapping techniques, a more detailed rendering engine, content import/export to any major format, all with the lowest learning curve interface ever... let's just say iClone is a permanent part of my animation pipeline, if not the backbone, I make all my 3D software purchases with iClone in mind, let's not forget iClone and UE4 already play nice together.CoolBigGrin iClone won't be able to do it all, but I give RL credit they never disappoint us, what we request RL eventually grants, that's why we support them. And speaking of support, I backed Perception Neuron as well, All of Tintin animations was made using this, and King Kong, Golum, which both won Oscars for the character actors.CoolBigGrinBigGrinSmileWinkHehew00tw00tw00t

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reallusion iClone & CC Pipeline --- Plugins: Iray HeadShot SkinGen.  CrazyTalk Animator Pipeline, CrazyTalk, Maya LT, Daz, Substance Painter Indie, Substance Designer Indie, B2M Pro+ Substance Live, Sculptris, Wrap, Unity, UE4, Perception Neuron ReadySmileBigGrinTongueWinkCoolHeheSmoooothCrazySatisfiedWowPinchExclamationAlienDiscussKissArrowSadAngrySickExclamationBlushWhistlingw00tw00tw00t
SurfaceBook 2 Windows 11 Pro 64-bit Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8650U CPU @ 1.90GHz -2.11 GHz 512GB Solid State Hard Drive 8GB RAM Nvidia GeForce 1050GTX
Dell  Alienware m18X R2 18.5" Custom Convertible Tablet Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit Intel Core I7-3840QM 2.80GHz Quad Core 8 Thread 3.2GHz Turbo 512GB Solid State Hard Drive+1TB X2 RAID Disk Drive 32GB RAM Nvidia Geforce GTX 680m 2GB X2 SLI Custom Multi-touch. Dagi capacitive touch stylus
Microsoft Surface Pro 2 10.1" Tablet Windows 10 64-bit Intel Core I5-4200U 1.60GHz 2.3GHz Turbo 128GB Solid State Hard Drive 4GB RAM HD 4000 Graphics Multi-touch Wacom Digitizer screen Surface Pen+Axiotron Studio Pen
Asus Vivo Tab 8" Tablet Windows 10 32-bit Intel Atom Z-3740 1.33GHz Quad Core 32GB Solid State Hard Drive 2GB RAM HD 4000 Graphics Multi-touch Wacom Digitizer Wacom stylus.

prabhatM
prabhatM
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
What is a good and tested working pipeline for taking Iclone assets and animations to Unreal4 for further enhancement and rendering ( cinematic realisation) ?

Any issues faced ?

Any experienced person here ?

Note : We intend to use DAZ characters in ICLONE if we adopt it for our production in future. Just been wondering if we could include Unreal4 for extending the creative abilities like Physics including procedural destruction, clothing, unlimited lights etc. Major criteria still remains - Quick Rendering. So real time rendering is our first criteria.
Edited
10 Years Ago by prabhatM
Dreamcube017
Dreamcube017
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Magique (9/12/2014)

Anyway, here is a cool video I found of someone rating what he thinks are the top 5 game engines of the future. All the real-time renders seen in this video are amazing. And let's see if anyone can guess which engine he picks as #1 for the future of gaming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9w5RHGBvf9A

I'm sorry, but I cannot take this video seriously.

While this is a nice video, I don't see how this could have possibly been done due to the fact that there are no real facts about the ACTUAL engines. UE4 didn't even come out yet at that time.

I will say though that it is STILL number 1 (if not 2)

Things that make a game engine the "best" or "good" would be things like what platforms it can compile to, how complicated is the pipeline, what languages does it understand, what tools and features does it have?

Just because a good game was made on it doesn't mean that it was actually a good engine.

That'd be like me saying "Here are the top 5 3D tools based on CG movies I've seen." That's rediculous.

The only engines on that list that you could actually test are Source and UE4 (which he couldn't test at the time because it wasn't even out yet.)

I love UE4, but Unity is the best engine becauseit's still a LITTLE bit more accessible and shaders (for me) don't need to compile as long...

Ok all this is getting beside the main point.

iClone 6 IS using stuff from PhysX by the way. They did say that. I also read that they were reworking the lighting and stuff, so we'll just have to wait and see for the moment.

I would like some nicely upgraded visual quality though.

----------------------------------------------------
***BEST OF THE CORE**
:A music reel demonstrating the different types of music I produce for multimedia. Hope everyone enjoys.

Player not working? Use this link.

My other audio work.

Facebook page:

Creation begins at the core.
Sifr
Sifr
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)

Last Active: 8 days ago
Lol iClone just got a shout out about 2 hours ago by Perception Neuron on Kickstarter, along side a list of other big players... wonder how that happenedWhistlingWinkBigGrinw00t
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1663270989/project-perception-neuron/comments

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reallusion iClone & CC Pipeline --- Plugins: Iray HeadShot SkinGen.  CrazyTalk Animator Pipeline, CrazyTalk, Maya LT, Daz, Substance Painter Indie, Substance Designer Indie, B2M Pro+ Substance Live, Sculptris, Wrap, Unity, UE4, Perception Neuron ReadySmileBigGrinTongueWinkCoolHeheSmoooothCrazySatisfiedWowPinchExclamationAlienDiscussKissArrowSadAngrySickExclamationBlushWhistlingw00tw00tw00t
SurfaceBook 2 Windows 11 Pro 64-bit Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8650U CPU @ 1.90GHz -2.11 GHz 512GB Solid State Hard Drive 8GB RAM Nvidia GeForce 1050GTX
Dell  Alienware m18X R2 18.5" Custom Convertible Tablet Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit Intel Core I7-3840QM 2.80GHz Quad Core 8 Thread 3.2GHz Turbo 512GB Solid State Hard Drive+1TB X2 RAID Disk Drive 32GB RAM Nvidia Geforce GTX 680m 2GB X2 SLI Custom Multi-touch. Dagi capacitive touch stylus
Microsoft Surface Pro 2 10.1" Tablet Windows 10 64-bit Intel Core I5-4200U 1.60GHz 2.3GHz Turbo 128GB Solid State Hard Drive 4GB RAM HD 4000 Graphics Multi-touch Wacom Digitizer screen Surface Pen+Axiotron Studio Pen
Asus Vivo Tab 8" Tablet Windows 10 32-bit Intel Atom Z-3740 1.33GHz Quad Core 32GB Solid State Hard Drive 2GB RAM HD 4000 Graphics Multi-touch Wacom Digitizer Wacom stylus.

mtakerkart
mtakerkart
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Here is an another top 5 about next Engine....

I can't believe the complexity way to make just a camera pan.... I know it is because game feature but Come on!!!

But THIS is very very user friendly way , I love the path-Road module and the ability to twist the mesh to follow the terrain...

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
As Pinhead would say, "Female assassins are hot."

(Go to 10:59).

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Edited
10 Years Ago by justaviking
drwale2000
drwale2000
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (191 reputation)Junior Member (191 reputation)Junior Member (191 reputation)Junior Member (191 reputation)Junior Member (191 reputation)Junior Member (191 reputation)Junior Member (191 reputation)Junior Member (191 reputation)Junior Member (191 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
I actually took my time to read everyone's comment, alot of laughing inbetween though. I do agree iclone rendering engine needs to be upgraded. At the end of the day, i see iclone getting more subscribers if they can achieve this. I remember showing someone one of my works and the next thing she did was open youtube and showed me one of these really crazy animations with unreal engine. She added, if its not looking like this, then its not beautiful' ofcourse she was joking but i couldnt help but wish that is included in iclone. I have been keeping up with iclone 6 updates and to be fraank, i dont think we should be expecting much as far as rendering is concern. I believe about 3 years ago someone started a thread on wave effect and peter(RL Moderator) mentioned it will be forwarded to the developers. Its three years now yet nothing and like i mentioned earlier, i doubt we will be having anything like this also soon. Iclone is a great application, nonetheless, there is still so much to be done. If they can actually sync with UE4, they will be taking the best app award in my case. All that said, i still want to say big thank you for their efforts all the way.
Dreamcube017
Dreamcube017
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I'm not going to go into that other Top 5 engines video. It at least showed some of the in engine features, although I'm starting to realize that I do not like those top 5 engine videos because you're just looking at results. If I open any of those, how easy is it to set up any of that? Now the ONLY one I can say has "WOW" features right out of the box is CryEngine, but there are still a lot of hoops you have to jump through to bring things into it. UE4 doesn't have a built in dynamic day cycle, but you can make it have a REALLY nice one.

I think it'd probably be better to compare iClone with someting like Lumion. Now Lumion has some really great visual things. Combine its visual and shader effects with what you can do in iClone and we'd be pretty well off.

I think iCLone will get there eventually...

And oh yeah... so no more WIP videos? This month's almost up by the way Reallusion and we've yet to see anything else. Sooo... what's up?

----------------------------------------------------
***BEST OF THE CORE**
:A music reel demonstrating the different types of music I produce for multimedia. Hope everyone enjoys.

Player not working? Use this link.

My other audio work.

Facebook page:

Creation begins at the core.

Reading This Topic