Profile Picture

Not recorded but LIVE "on the fly" talking animation

Posted By averydesigns 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
averydesigns
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (191 reputation)Junior Member (191 reputation)Junior Member (191 reputation)Junior Member (191 reputation)Junior Member (191 reputation)Junior Member (191 reputation)Junior Member (191 reputation)Junior Member (191 reputation)Junior Member (191 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 10 Years Ago
I have studied so many CrazyTalk videos and I cannot quite figure out how to setup a character to talk LIVE to someone.

In other words, I am hiding behind a wall and speaking and the subject can see a screen with my character. The subject is talking to my character and I am talking back live.

All I am seeing is recorded examples. How about a real conversation with someone? Might this be done with the CrazyTalk app? I could have my ipad output to a TV. Person can talk to the TV and I hold the ipad out of view and just talk? Make sense?

Or would this need to be done only with crazy talk cam suite?

Please advise. Many thanks.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Unfortunately CrazyTalk 7 is not designed for "Live" presentations. The automatic lip-sync for your character has to be generated first by recording your voice, adding an audio file or using text to speech. This only takes a few seconds but does prevent CrazyTalk being used for realtime live work.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Ibis Fernandez
Ibis Fernandez
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
You can do this with flash. Buts its not easy. They way I did it was to create very extensively prerigged characters in flash that would respond to keyboard shortcuts. Same as a character can be cintrolled in a videi game. You would assign expressions to different keys, and map the arms and hand movements to other keys. You also set up a routine that makes the mouth move based on the wave form. You would have to emply a more generic mouth cycle cause you won't get accuracy in the lips gestures, just when he's talking and when he's not.

When you export the swf file, the file will listen to the mic and for the keyboard shortcuts. At this point what you do is you can map the keys to a couple of joysticks and have a couple of puppeteers controlling the motions a voice actor speaks into the mic.

Theoretically you can also use a webcam to set up a facial tracking thing but I never went that far.

(This is one of the many reasons I'm a big supporter of swf export from CTA, it would allow for the combining of the advance character rigging that can be done in CTA with the interactive abilities of Flash)

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ad51c90b-00a8-459d-8ca4-2136.gif
Ibis Fernandez   |   (available for hire)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Professional Animator, Filmmaker | Creator of the highest quality (modular) G2 rigs for cartoon animator and developer of Toon Titan and Puppet Producer 
Author of Flash Animation and Cartooning: A Creative Guide
>>> be sure to check out http://toontitan.com for professional grade assets, templates, and custom tools for Cartoon Animator and more.
Edited
10 Years Ago by toontitan

Reading This Topic